ABC has ordered four drama pilots, including “Big Thunder,” based on the popular attraction at Disneyland & Walt Disney World, as well as a gothic soap from producer Mark Gordon. All four pilots are being produced inhouse by ABC Studios.
“Big Thunder” will be written by Jason Fuchs and exec produced by Chris Morgan.
The storyline for “Big Thunder” is about a 19th century New York doctor and his family who are given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful but mysterious tycoon. Soon, they quickly realize that not everything in Big Thunder is as it seems.
ABC and it’s owner Disney have collaborated on theme-park projects in the past. “The Pirates of Caribbean” has been a wildly successful film franchise, while the Eddie Murphy film”The Haunted Mansion” was a bust.
Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland opened in 1979 and is getting a $4 million renovation this year. Big Thunder Mountain at Walt Disney World is undergoing a renovation of it’s queue to make it more interactive.
- Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ heading to big screen (ocregister.com)
- Common Disney Abbreviations and Acronyms (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- The Mystery of the “Teddy Bear Lady” at the Grand Floridian Resort - December 30, 2014
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014