ABC has ordered four drama pilots, including “Big Thunder,” based on the popular attraction at Disneyland & Walt Disney World, as well as a gothic soap from producer Mark Gordon. All four pilots are being produced inhouse by ABC Studios.
“Big Thunder” will be written by Jason Fuchs and exec produced by Chris Morgan.
The storyline for “Big Thunder” is about a 19th century New York doctor and his family who are given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful but mysterious tycoon. Soon, they quickly realize that not everything in Big Thunder is as it seems.
ABC and it’s owner Disney have collaborated on theme-park projects in the past. “The Pirates of Caribbean” has been a wildly successful film franchise, while the Eddie Murphy film”The Haunted Mansion” was a bust.
Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland opened in 1979 and is getting a $4 million renovation this year. Big Thunder Mountain at Walt Disney World is undergoing a renovation of it’s queue to make it more interactive.
- Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ heading to big screen (ocregister.com)
- Common Disney Abbreviations and Acronyms (chipandco.com)
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Episode VII Fans Celebrate Rey Day 2016 at Disneyland Park - January 27, 2016
- 10 Disney Souvenirs You’ll Be Glad You Bought - December 30, 2015
- Walt in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps Tour Review - September 4, 2015