This weekend more than 27,500 runners will be participating in the 6th annual Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland Resort. This half marathon, one of four races held this weekend, is one of the top women-focused race weekends in the country.
Propelled by pixie dust these runners will soar through the 13.1 mile half marathon course which goes throughout the Disneyland Resort area and the streets of Anaheim. 5,000 of these athletes will take on the larger Pixie Dust Challenge by running the 10K on Saturday and then the half marathon the following day.
Schedule of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend events:
Friday, 5 a.m. – Never Land 5K • Main Street U.S.A., Disneyland Park
Saturday, 5:30 a.m. – Tinker Bell 10K • Start/Finish: Disneyland Resort
Sunday, 5:30 a.m. – Tinker Bell Half Marathon • Start/Finish: Disneyland Resort
Here is a link to the road closure maps. Traffic will be difficult during this weekend. Plan accordingly!
runDisney has many more races scheduled throughout 2017 and 2018. If you weren’t able to register for Tinker Bell, here is a listing of the upcoming races that you can still be apart of.
- Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend (registration is now open) – August 31 – September 3, 2017
- Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend – September 21 – 24, 2017
- Walt Disney World Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (registration now open) – November 2 – 5, 2017
- Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend (registration now open) – November 9 – 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend (registration now open) – January 3 – 7, 2018
- Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon – The Light Side (registration postponed) – January 11 – 14, 2018
- Walt Disney World Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend (registration now open) – February 22 – 25, 2018
- Walt Disney World Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side (registration opens May 23) – April 19 – 22, 2018
Remember this isn’t just running a race, you’re taking a runDisney vacation! Race packages can be customized to include Disneyland or Walt Disney World resort stays and park tickets. Extend your visit beyond the weekend so you’ll have time to enjoy extra days in the parks.
Good luck to all of our Chip and Co. friends running this weekend!
Planning a trip to Disney? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Want more help planning your next runDisney trip? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I can put together customized itineraries, book your advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation and much much more! And did I mention my services are always FREE? Get in touch at 1.800.454.4501, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- Enter To Win A Year’s Supply Of Joffrey’s Coffee - July 22, 2017
- Join The “Beignet Dash” Fun Run Every Sunday At Port Orleans - July 22, 2017
- Na’vi Shaman of Songs Inner Workings Revealed - July 21, 2017