I love Downtown Disney. It’s like being at the best upscale shopping around and it’s all Disney themed. You can drop some serious cash here, so if your kids have a case of the “gimmes” – BEWARE!
Here are my family’s favorites and why you should check them out.
1. Goofy’s Candy Company – This is great if you have the dining plan and have snack credits left over at the end of your trip. Yup, you can use them here! Isn’t that fun? Candy and treats for the way home OR gifts for friends back home (if you are sweet like that!)
2. T-Rex Cafe – My son almost had a heart attack he was so excited to go here. We only had the dessert volcano as dinner was booked solid – no problem. Ice cream at 10pm…yes please! Of course it has tons of dinosaur merchandise. Little boy heaven. If you can’t get a reservation through Disney, don’t despair. Call directly and you will have much better luck – 407828-8739. (little travel agent tip for you there!)
3. La Nouba by Cirque de Soleil – this theater in the round is spectacular. If you haven’t ever seen a Cirque show, you should. It’s unlike anything you have ever seen.
4. Lego Imagination Center – Fantastic. It’s a must-do for us on every trip. The Lego “sculptures” that are all around Downtown Disney are incredible. They have tables for the kids to explore with Legos; be prepared to spend some time here if you have a Legohead in the family.
5. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – Did you know that there is a Boutique here at Downtown Disney? Many people prefer it to the Magic Kingdom location because the salon is bigger and the kids aren’t rushed through as much as they are at the Magic Kingdom location. Plus, you may find it easier to get a reservation at this location.
6. Splitsville – This is new to Downtown Disney and I think it’s terrific. What a fun night out and away from the parks. Have some dinner (it’s yummy and better than your typical bar food) and bowl a few sets.
7. Once Upon a Toy – This is our favorite store. I have been known to spend a lot of time putting together Mr. Potato Heads in the store. I love that they let you play with their toys! You can even make your own light sabers. THAT my friends was serious business. Right outside is a dancing fountain that my kids loved to run through on hot days…a fun afternoon away from the parks.
8. Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe – If you are a fan of Wolfgang Puck’s this should be on your list. You can use Disney’s Dining Plan!
9. AMC Dine in Theater – for many of you this isn’t a big deal, but we live in a small town that only has regular theaters. My kids thought this was the most extravagant thing ever. Dinner and movies together!
10. DisneyQuest – ok, I know some of you abhor Disney Quest. We really liked it! My kids were 9 and 10 when we went and were amazed that they could play whatever they wanted and it was all included. It wasn’t busy and your Disney documents (if you purchase a package) come with 2 complimentary passes. I think it was fun and would be great for a rainy morning.
What are your favorites at Downtown Disney? I stopped at 10 for Chip but have many more! Feel free to share 🙂
Book your trip with Cameron and get insider knowledge, weekly tips, and treats for your kids! She is a Disney Specialist with Destinations to Explore, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Contact her for her free services: email@example.com
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Cameron (see all)
- Disney Quick Tip – Be thoughtful when emailing your child’s teachers and school. - January 6, 2015
- What to do when it’s COLD at Disney! - August 27, 2014
- Create pixie dust in the Disney Parks, pay it forward. - June 19, 2014