While writing an article yesterday I started thinking about our last Disney World Vacation. I thought about the places we have to visit, things we like to eat, then I wondered about traditions we like to do before we leave. After pondering my own weird and unusual traditions I opened this question to our Facebook Family.
I will start off with some of my strange Disney Park Traditions and then move on to yours..
- I have an obsession with the soaps & shampoo from Walt Disney World. I have quite the extensive collection and I make sure on my trip to snatch up the soaps and shampoo and hide them so I get new ones everyday. Then when I leave I use those soaps and shampoos at other hotels to feel like I am back at Disney..
- Also when we visit we HAVE to ride all the different forms of transportation at the parks. I plan for us to come to the Magic Kingdom almost a different way. By bus, monorail, and ferry, and motor launch I am obsessed with the the transportation.
- I have a bunch more but I will spare myself the laughter and mocking..
Ok now our Facebook Fans answers.
- Chris W - On our last day, we go to the MK. When we leave, we always turn around in front of Town Square, look at the castle and wave good-bye to Mickey. This has to happen.
- Jaime G - when we go to MK we always stop at the Main street barber shop and get the boys hair cuts (they both had their first haircuts here….6 years apart) and we have to get some color and pixie dust added in too!
- Kristy M – Because we drive we don’t do a park on our last day, but we always go to a late breakfast at Chef Mickey’s to say our goodbyes. It makes leaving a little more enjoyable. We also always have Thanksgiving lunch at Beaches and Cream and all we order is a Kitchen Sink. We also always have to start the trip at MK. The other parks are great but we have to start with MK.
- Lisa P – The first thing we do after we check in the hotel is walk over to EPCOT and have lunch at Les Chefs De France then go over and ride Journey To Imagination. Once we have done that we know our vacation has begun!
- Kelly L - We honk the horn while passing under the Welcome to Disney World sign that goes over the road as we drive in!
- Carrie A – Upon arrival to the resort we place bets on what color monorail we see first. When it’s sad time it’s the same routine – breakfast at Kona Cafe, one final ride on the monorail, BBB for the girls, a few hours at MK, sitting backward in the rental car so we can watch the “Welcome to DW” sign become part of the horizon, a quick argument over something stupid because our nerves are shot after 10+ days with each other 24/7 and neither of us want to go back to reality, and then off to the airport we go.
- Cynthia S – Have to walk the magic kingdom and the World Showcase Clockwise. I don’t know why….
- DeAnna W – we round the corner in town square, stand there at the entrance of main street looking at the castle and I throw my hands up in victory & say “we made it – we’re here!” then we all laugh & walk on -but I do it every time with a tear in my ey…e because thats what my dear sweet dad always did when we were young. Then its off to Pirates of the Caribbean & everyone has to join in singing “Yo Ho” at least once. That’s when its really real- i AM there! we also yell like mad when we go under the Disney World sign for the 1st time. I must have a pastry every time from Boulangerie in France. I must visit the Christmas store in Downtown Disney. I can smell the cinnamon before I even reach the door & i always take home a new ornament for the tree. Whew! thats just a few!
- Jessica S – Every time Eric and I go to Disneyland and have a few extra bucks, we buy taffy from the candy shop in Main Street. It’s $2 for a small bag (one scoop). The taffy is SOOOOO good! We love it. We get a small bag and pour it in to pick out the pieces we really like. (Banana is our favorite.)
- Pamela W - We always ride Its a Small world first. One year is was closed for refurb & had to do Peter Pan instead & it just wasn’t the same. This was the first ride that my children ever rode at WDW. We also always eat at Flame Tree Barbeque at AK.
- Jameson K - We always go to Downtown Disney on our last day to try to milk the last of the Disney magic we can. So, what if we don’t get home until 4 a.m.? Totally worth it!!
- Marion D – When we arrive at Disney, we sing “When You Wish Upon A Star” as we drive under the Welcome To Disney Sign. If you start the moment you see it in the distance, you finish “where dreams come true” as you cross under. Love it!
- Tammy K - Oh, that Welcome to Walt Disney World sign, get’s me every time – I just got goose bumps thinking about it. Every time we go, I call my niece and fellow Disney Addict, Carrie, and “ride” under the sign with her….stupid, but very exciting.
- Sharon C - Last day – The Magic Kingdom, turn around at the train station and look at the castle and say “I love you, I will miss you, and I will see you soon!” Then breathe a long sigh…………….
What are some of your Disney Traditions or Rituals you like to do when you visit the Disney Parks? Let us know in the comment section below.