The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of July 2017 or will be occurring in the months ahead:
• Hall of Presidents: Closed through Fall of 2017
• Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed August 1 – 10, 2017
• Splash Mountain: Closed August 28 – November 16, 2017
• Monorail: The Walt Disney World® Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment through July 26, 2017 and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form or transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available.
- The Great Movie Ride: Closing Permanently. The last day of operation will be August 13, 2017.
- Mission: SPACE: Closed through August 13, 2017
- Advanced Training Lab: Closed June 5, 2017 to TBD
- Coral Reef Restaurant: Closed August 27 to August 30, 2017
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure: The last day of operation will be August 13, 2017.
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria: Closed April 23 – Fall 2017. Will reopen as Terralina Crafted Italian
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe including The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe and The Express at Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe: Closing Permanently on August 2, 2017
- Disney Quest: Permanently closed on July 3, 2017 to make room for The NBA Experience.
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil: Final performance 12/31/2017
- Annual Closure: October 29, 2017 to January 6, 2018
- Annual Refurbishment: January 7, 2018 – TBD
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
Art of Animation
- Disney Skyliner Construction:
Will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World Resort while traveling via gondolas. During this time construction noise may be seen or heard throughout the resort, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9am.
- Ongoing until further notice
Boardwalk Inn and Villas
- Currently undergoing some refurbishment projects across the Resort (resort is fully operational). It is possible that construction may be seen or heard, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am. Ongoing until further notice.
- Major Refurbishment Projects occurring until 2019.
- Several villages unavailable
- Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post: Closed May 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. There will be a variety of dining options available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast and dinner and a selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase in three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort. Additionally, in-room dining will remain available. Any work most likely to cause a noise impact will not begin until 9:00 a.m.
- Disney Skyliner Construction: Will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World Resort while traveling via gondolas. During this time construction noise may be seen or heard throughout the resort, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9am. Ongoing until further notice.
- Hard Goods Refurbishment: Through 2017. During this time, amenities including dining and merchandise locations, pools, La Vida Health Club with the spa and salon, and recreation activities such as beach volleyball, Iguana Arcade, Movies Under the Stars and more, will remain available. Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is undergoing refurbishments, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms prior to 9:00am daily.
- Room Renovations: Through the end of 2017
- Hotel Lobby Renovation: Through Fall 2017. Will remain open during during renovation
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Room Refurbishments: Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. During this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available including dining and merchandise locations, pools, and recreation actives.
- Room Refurbishments: Through May 7, 2018. During this time, Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize disruptions, an attempt will be made to limit all work until after 9:00am daily.
- Disney Skyliner: Will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World Resort while traveling via gondolas. During this time construction noise may be seen or heard throughout the resort, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9am. Ongoing utnil further notice.
Yacht Club Resort
- Captain’s Grille: Closed through September 30, 2017. During refurbishments, the Captain’s Grille is relocating to the oceanic-themed Ariel’s.
Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center
- Expansion work: Through February 1, 2018. During this time, Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, an attempt will be made to limit work to 9:00 a.m – 9:00 p.m.
Let’s start planning your next stay at Walt Disney World or any other Disney Destination! CLICK HERE or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney and my services are 100% FREE!
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- Win a Walt Disney World Vacation from Joffrey’s! - February 19, 2018
- Hollywood Studios Changes Operating Hours, Adds Extra Magic Hours in July for Toy Story Land - February 19, 2018
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Kicks Off Next Month With Magic for All! - February 18, 2018