Walt Disney World Event Drops Off PGA Tour
Disney has been part of the PGA Tour since Jack Nicklaus won the inaugural event in 1971. It was not a big shock that Disney was dropped from the PGA Tour. Disney lost its title sponsor when the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals did not renew, and Disney did not aggressively pursue a replacement. It was always a favorite week of the year for players with young families.
The 2013-14 season will commence with the Frys.com Open on Oct. 10-13 in San Martin, Calif., the week following the Presidents Cup. The PGA Tour then moves to the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas on Oct. 17-20 before going overseas for two straight weeks.
- A Year of Change on the PGA Tour (nytimes.com)
- PGA Tour drops annual Disney tournament from 2013 schedule (orlandosentinel.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Episode VII Fans Celebrate Rey Day 2016 at Disneyland Park - January 27, 2016
- 10 Disney Souvenirs You’ll Be Glad You Bought - December 30, 2015
- Walt in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps Tour Review - September 4, 2015