Disney has been part of the PGA Tour since Jack Nicklaus won the inaugural event in 1971. It was not a big shock that Disney was dropped from the PGA Tour. Disney lost its title sponsor when the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals did not renew, and Disney did not aggressively pursue a replacement. It was always a favorite week of the year for players with young families.
The 2013-14 season will commence with the Frys.com Open on Oct. 10-13 in San Martin, Calif., the week following the Presidents Cup. The PGA Tour then moves to the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas on Oct. 17-20 before going overseas for two straight weeks.
- A Year of Change on the PGA Tour (nytimes.com)
- PGA Tour drops annual Disney tournament from 2013 schedule (orlandosentinel.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- The Mystery of the “Teddy Bear Lady” at the Grand Floridian Resort - December 30, 2014
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014