Walt Disney World Character Changes for April 2010
Confirmed Character Changes:
- Asajj (Clone Wars) will be available for meet and greets during Star Wars Weekends; she’ll be trading out with Ashoka near the entrance to the Premiere Theater. The two are also joining the Jedi Training Academy. Commander Cody is getting an updated look as well.
- UP Characters are leaving DHS, their last day will be Saturday May 1st. Still no confirmation on if/when they are moving to DAK.
- Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow are back! They have joined the Hoedown Happening, replacing Liverlips and Shaker. The Hoedown Happening is similar to dance parties, characters generally do not sign and getting them to stop for a picture is tough, but if you’re quick it can be done.
- Ariel’s Grotto is closed, Ariel is available at two dining locations as well as her continued appearances in parades and shows. Still awaiting word on when she is moving to the Veranda, but it’s assumed that will be May 9th.
- Goofy’s move to The Pirates League has been delayed by a couple of weeks, no official date on when this will happen (probably before May 9th). He will be dressed like a pirate and will be located next to the Quartermaster’s desk, across the way from where Captain Hook and Mr. Smee used to meet.
- Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are moving to the Train Station in Mickey’s Toontown Fair starting April 12th, then relocating to Town Square on May 9th.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table has changed the dinner character greeting format from the Fairy Godmother, Suzy, and Perla show to the more traditional meet and greet currently offered for breakfast and lunch. This changed on Feb. 7th.
Rumored Character Changes:
- Rapunzel and Flynn will start making appearances in the Magic Kingdom in October.