Fireworks light the sky above Walt Disney World Resort most nights throughout the year. This week, however, extra spectacular, super fantasmical pyrotechnic shows will dazzle the darkness with a pixie dusted patriotic display at Magic Kingdom, a rockin’n’rollin’ extravaganza at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and a classic sky show at Epcot infused with an Independence Day finale.
As Chip informed you recently, you can celebrate America’s birthday with a Disney bang!
- “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will light the skies at 9:00 p.m. July 3 and July 4 at Magic Kingdom Park.
- “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration” rocks and rolls at 9:45 p.m. July 4, immediately following the 9:00 p.m. Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- “The Heartbeat of Freedom” enhances “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” bursting high above Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon at 10:00 p.m. on the4th of July. In addition, Voices of Liberty will perform a 4th of July Concert at the American Adventure pavilion where guests may meet Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross, and Disney characters adorned in patriotic dress.
During this holiday week, you’ll find special treats like these red, white, and blue chocolate dipped apples and layered cupcakes in eateries around the parks. Even the Mickey Rice Krispie treats have been given some holiday flair! (Photos courtesy Disney Food Blog.)
You’ll also find patriotic plush Mickey Mouse and Duffy Bears in various shops, as well as Uncle Sam hats, beads, and an assortment of American flag-themed souvenirs, apparel, pins and knick-knacks in stores and at kiosks in the parks and at Downtown Disney.
If you’re at the parks this week, keep in mind they will be super crowded as this is one of the Resort’s busiest times of the year. Be patient with those around you and expect long waits for attractions and transportation. Theme park hours on July 4 (subject to change without notice): Magic Kingdom, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 a.m.; Epcot, 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.; Disney’s Hollywood Studios, 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.; and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Have a safe and magical 4th!
- Fireworks Light the Sky for Fourth of July at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
- Events and Attractions coming to Disney World Fall 2012 (chipandco.com)