Top Five Theme Park Fashion Mistakes.
1. “The Fanny Pack Avenger.” Remember back in the early 90s when people first started wearing fanny packs? Remember how great they were? Yeah, me neither. But, you can laugh now, but when you need a band-aid or a can of Fix-a-Flat or just about anything, guess who you’ll be asking for help? I love this article by Brenda called Fanny Packs: Just say no!
2. The “Not-So-Rugged Individualist.” Okay, I can’t pick on this guy because I kind of love him. Plus, the boots. They’re pretty great, huh? This guy doesn’t care what you think and he is all the more awesome for it.
3. The “One Hot Momma.” This momma doesn’t stop, even for the theme parks. She’s usually spotted in more skimpy attire, but the one thing she has in common with all Hot Mommas is her devotion to high heels. Just look at Victoria Beckham, otherwise known as “Posh Spice,” walking around Disneyland. Note the big purse, office-ready attire, and the dangerously high heels that are her signature shoe. Hat’s off to you, Posh and all the other Hot Mommas: I’m pretty sure I couldn’t walk around all day in a theme park in four-inch spike heels.
4. Mr. “Socks with Sandals.” You know what? I’ve done this. Let’s just move on.
5. “Offensive T-Shirt Guy.” Offensive T-Shirt Guy would like you to know that he’s so bad, he’s wearing an obscene t-shirt that he bought for $14.99–in a theme park! I know, I was impressed too! Sometimes this guy gets past security and you’re stuck behind him waiting for Splash Mountain. Encourage him to sit in the front seat when his turn comes.
What are some of the fashion mistakes you have seen at the Disney Parks? Let us know in the comment box below.
Chris writes here and at Everything Walt Disney World. She’s also a travel agent and a member of the Mouse Chat podcast. Email her at ChrisW@PixieVacations.com or call 919-889-5281 for free concierge level planning and a free Disney gift card when you book your next vacation.
- Table Service in the Parks vs at the Resorts – Which is Better? Part 2 (chipandco.com)
- Florida Residents Can Enjoy Spring Getaway with Special Savings at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)