Top 5 Ways To Have A WDW Birthday On A Budget
Spending a Birthday at Walt Disney World can be one of the most magical birthdays a person ever has! What a special memory, especially for a child. But a birthday at Walt Disney World can be expensive especially if you take into consideration the cost of the vacation in itself with park tickets and room rates we are talking a lot of money. My daughter has been lucky enough to spend 2 out of her 4 birthdays at Walt Disney World and here are a few things that we do to keep the cost down.
- Instead of having a pricey birthday breakfast let your little one have a Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar! Every child should experience ice cream for breakfast so why not at Walt Disney World on their birthday?! Even the grown ups will enjoy this treat!
- Let souvenirs be birthday gifts. If you are lucky enough to spend a few days at Walt Disney World before the big day you will have a good idea of what your child likes souvenir wise. Pick them up without the child knowing and surprise them with fun Disney toys on their big day! This also saves you from packing a lot of gifts to take on vacation with you!
- An experience is always fun on birthday but can be a little pricey. If you have a girl the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique offers a wonderful princess makeover! I recently wrote about how to have a great experience there on a budget! Also you could spring for afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Contrary to what you may think, Tea at the Grand Floridian can be very economical as they have an al a cart menu! The tea for little ones is only Apple Juice but is still served in tea pots and it is so much fun! You can also do both of those activities without a park ticket, cutting down on cost as well!
- Instead of shelling out a ton of cash for a custom birthday cake at Walt Disney World, pick up a large rice crispy treat instead! The great thing about the rice crispy treat is that it doesn’t spoil. So if you don’t eat it all and don’t have a refrigerator in your resort room no worries! You can take it back to your room and munch on it for a few days! It is also really fun to just be different than everyone else! My daughter got a ton of oohhs and ahhhs over her rice crispy “cake,” which made her feel really special!
- Decorate the room yourself! Yes, you can have goodies delivered to your room while you are out but that is very expensive. I recommend picking up birthday treats and decorations where you live. Party City has great Disney Themed decorations and so do the Dollar Stores. When your child falls asleep decorate the room in a Disney Theme. Even sprinkle confetti and glitter around, make it look like Tinkerbell visited her room at night! When your child wakes up they are in for a huge surprise! A room fit for a Birthday Princess!
These are a few things I do for my daughter when we are celebrating at Walt Disney World, maybe on your next vacation these will come in handy for you! Have you ever spent a Birthday at Walt Disney World? What was your favorite part of the day?
- Top 5 Theming Triumphs at Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Top 5 Snacks for Small Children at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)