Top 5 Ways to Have a Carefree Disney Vacation
While a vacation should be relaxing, it can also be stressful! Disney World is meant to take you back to the days of carefree childhood where magic and adventure is real and possible; but when trying to make flights, keep schedules, count cash, and haul strollers, a vacation can be anything but relaxing.
So today I have some suggestions for how you can have a carefree Disney vacation. Enjoy!
5. Take Breaks-While some guests many not have the time and flexibility to take a break during their days at the park, we highly suggest that those who can definitely should! The Florida heat can be intense, especially after walking most of the day. Being hot and tired, especially with kids in tow, is a recipe for disaster; so don’t set yourself up for stress, take a break during the heat of the day!
4. Get Up Early-Many Disney guests argue that since they’re on vacation, they should sleep in and relax; but what they fail to realize is that waking late and hitting the parks several hours after opening is anything but relaxing, especially during peak season. So hit the parks early and take a nap later for a more carefree Disney experience.
3. Do Your Homework-Disney World is huge and it can’t all be seen and done in one stay, so to prevent personal chaos, getting lost, and wasting time, be sure to do your homework before leaving on vacation. My suggestion is to definitely read up on Disney World’s transportation system and make a list of park priorities, the things that you must see and do during your visit.
2. Disney Dining Plan-I’m a big fan of the Disney Dining Plan because I enjoy a good sit-down meal at least once a day and the feeling of an all-inclusive vacation, both of which you can experience at WDW if you stay on property and purchase the dining plan. With the plan, you don’t have to check menu prices, count pennies, or try to budget every time you head to a restaurant or need a quick drink. Also, for more a carefree day, we suggest only booking advance dining reservations for dinner. This way, you don’t have to hustle your family out the door of a morning to make a reservation, or have to cut your day in half at lunch to rush over to a restaurant during a busiest time of the day.
1. Less is Best-Many guests walking around WDW are loaded down with backpacks, diaperbags, Disney shopping bags, strollers, and Disney refillable mugs. Don’t be one of them! Even if you plan on spending a whole day at the parks, we recommend packing light. If you have young children, this can be difficult, but consider packing only what you absolutely have to have and using a small, light stroller. Also, think about combining your purse and diaper bag to cut down on baggage.
If you are staying at a Disney resort, don’t haul around those Disney shopping bags! When you make a purchase, have the cashier ship your items to your Disney resort for free! Although, do be aware that it does take more than a day for it to arrive. Finally, about those Disney refillable mugs, don’t take them to the parks. You can only get refills at Disney resorts, the lids are not spill-proof, and they are bulky and difficult to pack. So yeah, don’t bring them.
So that’s my top 5 suggestions for a carefree Disney Vacation! What do you think? Do you agree?
- 5 Common Disney Park Touring Mistakes
- Rope Drop: Love it or Leave it?
- Priorities: Magic Kingdom FastPass Priorities (aglassslippervacation.com)