Top 5 Reasons to Stay at a DVC Villa
You may not know it, but you can stay at a Disney Vacation Club Villa even if you’re not a member! It’s true! Villas are connected to several of Disney World’s deluxe resorts and offer some extra benefits; but now you may be asking yourself, why should I choose to stay at one? Well, my Top 5 Reasons to Stay at a DVC Villa will answer just that!
1. Space-If you stay at a DVC villa, you are getting more space. There are several room types available, some offering more than one room for even more space! This is a great benefit if you have a large family, are traveling with older kids, or just want to live in luxury while at Disney!
2. Amenities-Every type of room at the villas, regardless of whether you are staying in a studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom, all rooms offer a microwave, wet bar, refridgerator, private porch or balcony. Most of the villa room types, except for the studios, offer a DVD player, whirlpool tub, washer and dryer, king size bed, and more! If you are interested in these extras for your stay at a DVC villa, make sure that your type of room offers what you are looking for and check with Disney when you make reservations to be sure. Also be aware of a downside at the villas, which is housekeeping doesn’t clean your room every day.
3. Cheaper-Sometimes some DVC Villas can actually run cheaper than standard Deluxe rooms! It’s like a Deluxe Resort discount with extras!
4. Laundry-One of the biggest pains at Disney is laundry. Most rooms at Disney World don’t have a washer and dryer so halfway during your trip, you have to fill your pockets full of change, haul your family’s laundry to the resort’s laundromat, and then wait and wait. Some guests pack enough clothes for the whole trip to avoid this; but with today’s baggage fees, that’s hard to do. It’s also difficult in the summertime where you will probably change more than once during the day because you will get hot and sweaty or soaked in a sudden downpour. If you are debating the packing/laundry issue, click here for some help.
5. New Experience-DVC villas are often housed in connecting but separate buildings at Disney resorts. They often offer different room decor and a homey like atmosphere. If you stay at Wilderness Lodge, you will get to see its own Vacation Club’s separate lobby that you may not have known was there! It has a small fireplace, relics, and even a game room decorated with old fashioned trains.
Do you prefer staying at the DVC villas? What’s is your favorite resort villa?