The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival which starts on March 1st is probably one of my favorite events at Walt Disney World. If you have never attended this even it is a definite must do, not only is there food and music around every corner but you will see some of the most beautiful landscaping you will ever see. In 2016 Disney expanded this amazing festival to 90 days and there will be many exciting new things to do, see and taste in 2017.
Thinking about attending this fun filled educational festival? Well here are five reasons we love Epcot Flower & Garden Festival:
- Garden Rocks – garden rocks is a series of concerts which include different genres of music spanning four decades, including something for everyone to enjoy! This year there will be four days of concerts each week Friday – Monday! Grab something to eat at one of the outdoor kitchens, head over to the America Garden Theater and party on!
- Outdoor Kitchens – there will be 15 outdoor kitchens at this year’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival including two new kitchens. The Outdoor Kitchens offer all types of delicious plates from sweet to savory to spicy as well as some refreshing drinks. Urban Farm East is one of the more popular kitchens with its delicious savory and sweet bites this kitchen also shows people about growing their own edible produce. Here is a list of the outdoor kitchens with their locations; Urban Farm Eats Walkway near Imagination! Pineapple Promenade – World Showcase Promenade, La Isla Fresca – World Showcase Promenade, Jardin de Fiestas – Mexico, Lotus House – China, Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market – Germany, Primavera Kitchen – Italy, THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews – The American Adventure, Hanami – Japan, Taste of Marrakesh – Morocco, Florida Fresh Between Morocco and France, Fleur de Lys – France, Cider House – United Kingdom.
- Interactive play gardens – the Music Garden Melodies will return this year with fun for the whole family, this interactive play area is located Future World and World Showcase and offers music and instruments for children (& adults) to play their heart out. Also returning is Butterflies on the Go, if you like butterflies (& even if you don’t) this area is full of 1,000 butterflies which are from up to 10 species, it is an amazing display. This year there will be a new “Cars” themed interactive area featuring characters from the upcoming Car’s 3.
- Festival Center – The festival center will be open Friday through Sunday with extended hours March 1st – March 5th. This is the location of seminars, classes and DIY. This year you will find all the information you need to grow a beautiful edible garden at these locations Garden Information Desk, Garden Theater, Horticulture Heritage, Greenhouse Stage, Fresh Epcot Stage, Spotlight Stage, Festival Stage, Intermissions Café, and Festival Center Shop.
- Topiaries – so explaining what a topiary is will do it absolutely no justice but these are characters cut into shrubs or trees, this sounds extremely ordinary but we are talking Disney and nothing is ordinary at Disney! There will be nearly 100 throughout Epcot and you won’t want to miss one! 2017 will bring new topiaries such as a 6-foot-tall Figment, and the return of favorites such as Anna and Elsa and Ranger Mickey. There are areas where you can have your picture taken that will include active topiaries.
Epcot becomes one of the most beautiful places on Earth at this time of year with every inch of landscape turned into colorful stunning gardens. Once you attend this festival you will want to return year after year.
Have you been to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival? Did I miss something you love? Comment below!
When you are ready to book your Disney Vacation contact me here and we will begin the magical journey.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Karen A (see all)
- Universal Orlando Resorts raises ticket prices - February 18, 2017
- Mickey and Minnie light spinner toys recall - February 12, 2017
- Disney World raises ticket prices and annual passholder rates - February 11, 2017