The wait is almost over. The Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland Expansion is due to officially open December 6th! (You’re smiling right now, aren’t you? )
For the past couple weeks the new Fantasyland has been undergoing soft openings, which is like a dress rehearsal before the official opening; and from the photos we’ve seen and the news we’ve heard, it looks even better than I had imagined!
So naturally I’m busy planning my next trip to WDW so I can see and experience the Fantasyland Expansion for myself; and here are the top 5 things about this new magical addition that I’m looking forward to the most!
5. View of the New Castles at Night-With the opening of the Fantasyland Expansion, two new castles will be added to the Magic Kingdom skyline: the Beast’s enchanted castle from Beauty and the Beast and Prince Eric’s castle from the Little Mermaid! Just like Cinderella Castle, these two castles will be illuminated at night! Just think, the Magic Kingdom was magical before; but now we’re talking a whole new level! I say bring it on.
4. Seeing the Lumiere Audio-Animatronic-One of the new attractions at the Fantasyland Expansion is Storytime with Belle. Guests start out walking through Belle and Maurice’s cottage before entering the Beast’s castle via magic mirror. Literally. Anyway, once you pass through the mirror, and after you meet the bureau from Belle’s room in the castle, you enter the library where you find an incredibly realistic audio-animatronic of Lumiere! Seriously, this Lumiere moves and sways as if he popped out of the film before your eyes; and I’m so excited about seeing him in person.
3. Kicking Back at Gaston’s Tavern- “He uses antlers in all of his decorating…” This counter service spot is designed to look exactly like Gaston’s Tavern from the film; and from the sneak peeks, it looks awesome and is sure to produce some chuckles!
2. Exploring the Queue of the Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid Attraction-So I’m definitely looking forward to this attraction; but what I didn’t expect was how detailed and interactive the queue would be! Apparently there are collections of Ariel’s trinkets clustered through the queue which is designed to be a kind of scavenger hunt! There’s also a clever reference to the gone, but not forgotten, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction which used to call Fantasyland home. Do you know where it is?
1. Dinner at Be Our Guest-Who doesn’t love the castle from Beauty and the Beast? Exactly. That’s why having dinner at the new Be Our Guest Restaurant is at the tip-top of my list. First of all, the walk up to the restaurant is supposed to be awesome as you have to walk over a crumbling, stone drawbridge, face stone gargoyles, and enter through a castle door with a stained glass window overhead. Then you get to enjoy a French cuisine style meal in a variety of themed dining rooms, such as a rose themed room with a giant Beauty and the Beast music box, the Beast’s West Wing complete with the iconic enchanted rose, or the ballroom with its magnificent chandelier and floor to ceiling windows where fake snow actually falls outside! Yep, can’t wait.
So those are my top 5 things at the Fantasyland Expansion that I’m most excited about. But now we want you to share what you’re the most excited about! Go ahead, let us know!
- New Signature Images Released of Fantasyland Expansion in Magic Kingdom Park
- Breaking News – Full Details on Disney’s Fantasyland Expansion
- Activities: How to Experience the Magic Kingdom at Night (aglassslippervacation.com)