Last year I took my son to Walt Disney World in late September. I was looking forward to lower crowds due to school being in session and cooler weather during a “fall month.” I was right only about one of those things the lower crowds. I honestly believe the week we were there in September was hotter than the week I spent there in July!
After thinking about being in Walt Disney World during a hot period, here is a list of 5 things we like to bring into the parks now when we know its going to be hot..
5. Sunglasses- These are nice to have to protect your eyes on any day when the sun is out, no matter the temperature. But on those really hot days when there is no cloud coverage, sunglasses are almost a must! Make sure to take them off from time to time as not to get raccoon eyes.
4. Sunscreen- While you need to wear sunscreen every day, on hot days when you sweat a lot, you need to have the sunscreen with you so you can reapply! Being sunburnt on a WDW vacation is not fun- trust me! Chip recommends Bullfrog as you can put it on before you leave for the parks and you are covered all day.
3. Washcloth- These were a lifesaver on our last trip! We wet wash cloths in the bathrooms on a regular basis to wrap around our necks and wipe sweat off our brow. It felt so nice! If you have a small cooler with an ice pack you can store the wash clothes in there and when you pull them out they are nice and cool.
2. Ponchos- You need ponchos almost any time of year, but on hot days it’s nice to have a poncho to keep you dry in a rain storm. After it rains, it becomes more humid and if you are wet and it’s humid, you can feel quite miserable! Ponchos also help you to avoid a Meltdown.
1. Small Fan- It’s hot. Fans are nice. ’Nuff said! Disney World even sells the ones that mist. This is a must have for us and something we still use back home.
Well there you have it just a few little Quick Tips on what we like to bring with us on Hot Days. What is on your must have list for things to take into the parks on hot Summer days? Let us know in the comment box below.
- Last Minute Tips before you leave for Walt Disney World! (chipandco.com)
- How to NOT Commit a Pet Peeve at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)