If you have been bitten by the Disney bug, then chances are you try to visit Walt Disney World as often as you can. If so, then you probably have some traditions that you must embrace each time you visit to make your trip complete. I have some Magic Kingdom traditions that I would like to share with you, and they just might be some of your traditions too!
5. Ride Pirates of the Caribbean first-When my family and I visit the Magic Kingdom on our first day, it’s tradition for us to head straight to Adventureland and hop aboard Pirates of the Caribbean. We know we’re at Disney when we walk through that dim, cool queue, hear that familiar soundtrack, and feel that blend that adventure and humor.
4. A Dole Whip-This sweet and fruity snack is cool, refreshing, and tastes just like fresh pineapple! Seriously, you will never be the same after sampling this Magic Kingdom staple snack. During a visit to the Magic Kingdom, I always have a Dole Whip float at Aloha Isle in Adventureland; and it’s just not a complete Disney trip without one!
3. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover in the rain-This easygoing Tomorrowland attraction is a favorite among Disney regulars: and when a summer shower visits the Magic Kingdom, this where I retreat to! On this attraction, I’m not trapped inside but out and about while still totally dry!
2. Having lunch at Columbia Harbor House-This counter service restaurant is located in Liberty Square; and is one of my favorite spots to grab a quick, and delicious, meal! It’s a Magic Kingdom tradition to buy a cup of Columbia Harbor House’s incredible Clam Chowder and to head upstairs to it’s second level to enjoy it in this quiet, cool hideaway.
1. Breakfast at the Crystal Palace-One of my oldest Magic Kingdom traditions is to visit the Magic Kingdom’s Crystal Palace for breakfast and a visit with Winnie the Pooh and the gang. This bright and elegant restaurant truly captures what a morning at the Magic Kingdom should feel like; and there’s nothing like consuming a plate of Mickey waffles in view of Cinderella Castle! After enjoying a truly magical breakfast here, it’s hard not to pay a visit each trip!
Now it’s your turn! I want to hear your own Magic Kingdom traditions so be sure to leave a comment and share them with us!
- Citrus Swirl is Back in the Magic Kingdom (disneyfoodblog.com)
- Top 10 Things To Do at Night in the Magic Kingdom (chipandco.com)
- Planning: Crowded Corners of WDW Part 2 (aglassslippervacation.com)
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict: Part 2 - May 27, 2014
- Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict - May 26, 2014
- Top 5 Ways to Experience Disney World Like a VIP - May 23, 2014