With the weather beginning to turn cold, many people are beginning to turn their attention to the approaching holidays, particularly Christmas! Christmas is my favorite time of the year; and when it comes to decking the halls, no one does it better than Walt Disney World!
By the time Thanksgiving rolls around each year, Walt Disney World is decorated for the holidays and even hosts their own Christmas festivities. For example, at the Magic Kingdom you can enjoy Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, or check out Animal Kingdom’s Jingle Jungle Parade. Epcot also offers a Candlelight Processional, and Hollywood Studios glows as bright as the stars with the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights! Even Disney resorts get into the Christmas spirit with their own holiday touches, which only adds to the holiday fun and atmosphere! In fact, one of my favorite things to do at Disney World around the holidays is to check out resort Christmas decor. If you’re trying to decide which Disney resort to stay at during this magical time of the year, check out my Top 5 Disney Resorts for the holidays!
5. Animal Kingdom Lodge-For a warm holiday stay, check out Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. While live African animals roaming about outside isn’t quite a traditional way to celebrate the Christmas season, this cozy, majestic lodge is an ideal place to make memories with your family. You’re also sure to enjoy the gigantic Christmas tree in the lobby, which is especially beautiful at night!
4. Yacht and Beach Club-At this resort, you can enjoy both a beach vacation and a magical, holiday stay! This elegant, seaside inspired resort offers lots to see and do; and at the holidays, it has something extra special in the lobby, a working carousel made out of gingerbread! You get the best of both worlds at the Yacht and Beach Club, a retreat to those lazy, summer days and some Christmas magic!
3. Fort Wilderness-Don’t want to spend the holidays in a hotel room? How about staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness? If you are staying in a camper, you will feel right at home in your own space; and if you stay in one of the cabins, you have plenty of room and a homey, traditional atmosphere for your Christmas vacation! You can also celebrate a traditional Christmas with sleigh rides through the woods; and even enjoy a Fort Wilderness tradition where guests decorate their campsites for Christmas!
2. Grand Floridian-Disney’s flagship resort goes all out for the holiday season as its gorgeous lobby is transformed into a winter wonderland! Not only can you find a towering, Victorian, Christmas tree, but also a life-size, edible gingerbread house that actually sells gingerbread goodies! At this resort, you can enjoy a classic, picture-perfect holiday in absolute luxury and Disney magic.
1. Wilderness Lodge-When guests visit this cozy lodge, they will feel as if they stepped right into a Christmas card! At Wilderness Lodge, guests will enjoy a taste of the Pacific Northwest and a warm, cozy atmosphere. After a day filled with Disney magic, sip some hot chocolate by Wilderness Lodge’s Grand Canyon fireplace, enjoy the resort’s massive Christmas tree, and then dream about Christmas morning in your warm, rustic resort room. This resort will fill a guest with Christmas cheer and is the best setting for a magical, classic holiday!
Have you ever visited Walt Disney World during the holidays? Which resort do you think is the best for the Christmas season? Let us know!
- Quizzes: Which Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort is Right for You? (aglassslippervacation.com)
- 5 Things to do at Disney World without Tickets (couponingtodisney.com)
- Disney World Planning 101: Top 5 Things to do in the Morning (chipandco.com)