There are so many great locations to photograph at Walt Disney World during the day, but some of my favorite photographs are those taken after dark. The lighting on many of the attractions, as well as, the park icons makes everything come alive at night. Let’s take a look at our top 10 Walt Disney World locations to photograph after dark.
10. Spaceship Earth makes for some great photos during the day, but it looks even more spectacular after dark. The multicolored lights shining on this park icon at night give it a little extra something special. No matter the angle of your photograph, it’s sure to look great!
9. Cinderella Castle also looks especially beautiful at nighttime.The lights shining on the castle change often, giving you a variety of options for your photo. Sometimes the castle will resemble the sorcerer’s hat with blue lights and white stars. Other times the castle will be illuminated with several different colors. In July, Cinderella Castle can often be seen in red, white, and blue.
8. Main Street, U.S.A. always looks gorgeous after dark as the outline of each building is illuminated with lights. Whether you take a photo looking towards the castle or looking towards the Main Street train station, the view on Main Street at night is something special.
7. The Haunted Mansion looks particularly spooky after dark which makes for a pretty awesome photo. In addition to the mansion itself, there is plenty to photograph at this attraction. Take photos of the hearse or of the headstones and busts found in the queue.
6. Tomorrowland is one of my favorite places to see after dark at Walt Disney World. The brilliant neon lights make this land come alive at night. Everywhere you look is filled with bright colors which, of course, makes for a spectacular photo. And if you want a bird’s eye view of the Tomorrowland, be sure to take a ride on the TTA PeopleMover after dark.
5. The Chinese Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios looks absolutely beautiful at night. The palm trees are illuminated and spotlights can be seen behind the theater. The roof of the theater is illuminated with orange and yellow hues giving it that added burst of color to make your photo gorgeous.
4. Tower of Terror is another attraction which seems just a little creepier after dark. While the hotel itself looks great in photos, the queue is my favorite spot to photograph at this attraction. The entrance gates, as well as, the Hollywood Tower Hotel sign just to the right of the gates are great places to photograph.
3. Dumbo The Flying Elephant looks amazing at night! The lights on the attraction and in the water below are simply beautiful. Whether you snap a quick photo or take a long exposure shot, you’re sure to have an amazing photo of this Fantasyland attraction.
2. The Sorcerer’s Hat at Hollywood Studios makes for some of the best Disney photos I’ve ever seen. The lights illuminating the Mickey ears make them seem to sparkle in photographs. Together with the spotlights shining high in the sky behind the hat, the lights on the sorcerer’s hat make this park icon simply beautiful at night.
1. Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel is set up for amazing nighttime photographs. The lights on the carrousel make it seem especially magical after dark. For a more interesting photo, take one with the Sword in the Stone in front of the carrousel. My personal favorite photos of Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel after dark are the long exposure shots.
What is your favorite location to photograph after dark at Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.