Walt Disney World is an escape from reality, my own personal Neverland if you will; and ever since my first visit, the real world and other vacations I have taken have failed to measure up! To put it simply, Walt Disney World has spoiled me! How? Read for yourself my top 10 ways and maybe you will find that you’ve been spoiled too!
10. Permission to Behave Like My Kids-Disney World has taught me that skipping, screaming, pointing, and wearing Mouse Ears is perfectly acceptable no matter age you are. Seriously, no one bats an eye if they see a middle-aged businessman wearing a hat and dreadlocks like Captain Jack Sparrow at the Magic Kingdom; but back in the real world, I’ve discovered that such behavior is frowned upon. Weird, right? Yeah, I don’t get it either.
9. Christmas Lights-If you have ever been to WDW around Christmas, you know what I’m talking about here! This is especially true if you have witnessed the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This is seriously one of the best lighting displays ever which has been synchronized to music and features artificial, falling snow! Ever since I saw this awesome holiday display for myself, any other Christmas lights display I’ve seen since simply hasn’t compared.
8. Parades-Can any parade compete with a Disney parade? I don’t think so. Disney parades are full of details and Disney characters and creative technology and much more; and don’t even get me started about the Magic Kingdom’s nighttime parade, like Spectromagic or Main Street Electrical Parade! So after you see you’re first Disney parade, don’t even bother getting excited for any others. This is exactly why I keep the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade saved on my DVR!
7. Disney Dining Plan-I’m a huge fan of the Disney Dining Plan for two reasons. The first is that I really like to eat; and the second is that I like the feel of all-inclusive vacation. When I have the dining plan, I don’t have to worry about prices or counting cash, I just give them my card and it’s all taken care of! I also like the fact that I can take full advantage of the plan by dining at some of Disney’s best and most expensive restaurants that I normally would never do if I didn’t have the plan! So after a week at WDW using this easy and cost-efficient service, I find myself frustrated by having to count change or getting strange stares when I refer to fast food chains as counter service restaurants!
6. FastPasses+-Why can’t we have FastPasses+ in the real world? Is it too much to ask for my spot to be saved in line while I go do some shopping or grab a snack or something? Can you imagine how much easier Black Friday would be? So yeah, FastPasses+, one of Disney’s best creations, has definitely spoiled me. Waiting? What’s that?
5. Z00s-So before Animal Kingdom, I thought zoos were pretty awesome; but now, not so much. Staring at animals through bars and fencing just isn’t the same as getting to ride in a safari vehicle through an African habitat, you know what I mean? Also, if you ask people at zoos if they saw the Yeti, they won’t get it. Bummer.
4. Hotels-WDW hotel are seriously awesome! I mean, you can pick what type of vacation you want with your hotel choice! For example, are you looking for a seaside getaway, try Yacht and Beach Club? A Hawaiian vacation? Visit the Polynesian! How about an adventurous trip to Africa? Animal Kingdom Lodge has you covered complete with guaranteed views of African wildlife. Why, even if you want to go camping, you can at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground! Plus, what other hotels leave Mickey-shaped towels on your bed or hide Hidden Mickeys in your carpet and bedspreads? Or where else can you wake up to a view of the Magic Kingdom? Exactly. No matter how many Mickey soaps and shampoos you bring to those other hotels, there is simply no comparison.
3. Details-Disney specializes in the details in everything they do, from design to entertainment to service. Everywhere you look, there is something new to see or some extra magic to discover. I think anyone who is been to Disney can agree that detail element is definitely missed in everyday life or at other theme parks and resorts.
2. Fireworks-Okay, this is an area where I have most definitely been spoiled. Disney fireworks are just insane; and there is usually a fireworks display every night at WDW! Then, if you’ve ever seen their holiday firework displays, such as those for the Fourth of July or New Years, you know that they are at a whole other level. But let me warn you, once you’ve seen Disney fireworks, your town’s yearly Fourth of July display will never be the same in your eyes.
1. Theme Parks-So this is an obvious one, but it’s so true! Disney World Theme Parks are clean, offer the best technology, and immerse you in other worlds. Unlike other theme parks, you don’t see the boring wires and buttons and construction from behind the scenes, there is no cardboard or plywood, there is only the worlds you see in your favorite films come to life. So yeah, just try to go to Six Flags after you’ve been to Disney, we bet you will feel the same.
As you can see, I’ve definitely been spoiled by Walt Disney World; but I definitely don’t see this is as a bad thing! I just like to think that I’ve seen and experienced the best of the best; and that’s why I keep going back! I bet you and countless others feel the same way. Do you? Well go ahead and let me know! I always enjoy hearing from you!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Disney World Must Do’s at Epcot - December 5, 2014
- Top 5 Things to Know When Visiting Disney World during the holidays - November 29, 2014
- Top 10 Disney World “Must Do’s” - November 27, 2014