Top 10 Things I Learned from Pixar’s Finding Nemo
Pixar’s Finding Nemo is a masterpiece and one of Disney’s most popular films! Disney and Pixar are brilliant in their ability to weave humor, drama, and touching storylines into beautiful films that every member of the family can enjoy.
Since Finding Nemo is so popular, I decided to have a little fun and mention a few things I learned from this magnificent film. So check out my Top 10 list of things I learned from Finding Nemo!
10.Fish are friends, not food. Towards the beginning of this film, Bruce showed us that even sharks engage in self-improvement and join support groups to deal with their issues. Just remember, “I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine.”
9. Clownfish are not very funny. But hey, we can’t blame Marlin because human clowns aren’t that funny either.
8. Fish are smarter than we are. Seriously. Ocean life must have a high literacy rate because all throughout this film, the intelligence of the characters continually brought me to shame. I mean, Nemo goes to school, the Tank Gang is highly knowledgeable in regards to dentistry, and Dory is both literate and bilingual. Remember, she speaks whale!
7. Anemones are valuable real estate. No real estate crisis here, unless you are trying to say anemone that is.
6. The life expectancy of sea turtles is surprisingly high. Still young at 150? Sweeeet, dude!
5. Sea Gulls are the least intelligent of the bird world. Can you still hear that “Mine! Mine!” in your head? Me too.
4. Don’t shake the bag! Don’t be a Darla and don’t let your kids be one either. I mean, hasn’t Nemo gone through enough?
3. Fish are mentally and emotionally complex. Everyone probably felt like shedding a tear a time or two during this film, such as when Marlin lost his wife and when he grappled with letting his son grow up. Didn’t expect that kind of depth and angst from that goldfish of yours, did you?
2. Sea Turtles are the Dr. Spock’s of the ocean world. Need parenting advice? Find a laidback, surfing sea turtle to put things in perspective.
1. When life gets you down you should just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! Sometimes the wisest individuals are those you least expect.
Is Finding Nemo one of your favorite films? If so, leave us a comment and let us know!
Make Your Own Magic: Mickey Christmas Ornaments (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Walt Disney Imagineers Install Nemo Icons at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (chipandco.com)
- Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc. and Little Mermaid Will Make 3D Theatrical Debut in 2012 and 2013 (chipandco.com)