Top 10 Reasons to RunDisney
Running is a passion shared by all runners. There is something about the exhilaration you feel when your running. For those who don’t run here are my top 10 reasons to Run Disney!
10. Improve your Health: Whether you’re athletic or not, training for a race, from 5k to full marathon (or even the Goofy Challenge), running or walking a 16 minute pace is a great way to get into shape, or improve your current condition.
9. Tour the Parks More Easily: In relation to Number 10 – you won’t have to train to walk the parks if you’ve trained for a race! You’ll be ready to go and enjoy the parks and have more energy and stamina than you may have had in previous trips!
8. Run for a Cause – Though totally optional, many people like to run on a “team” and raise money for different charities. Off the top of my head, I know there are teams for different types of cancer and for Make-a-Wish! You can make a difference and have fun, too! Plus, if you prefer, you can find a team filled with other Disney- addicts and cherish the community!
7. Be Cheered on by Complete Strangers – Disney races are unique in that runners wear their names on their bibs, and many of the them will cheer for you, simply for running by!
6. Meet Your Favorite Characters - In a 13.1 mile race, there is entertainment and characters lined up constantly throughout the course. Love Winnie the Pooh? He’s there. Rapunzel? Check. Mary Poppins? You Betcha! And, most with only a 1-2 minute wait!
5. See the Parks Differently - If you’ve only taken Disney Transportation around the parks, you probably don’t know where the Magic Kingdom is in relation to EPCOT or the Ticket and Transportation Center, to the resorts. Running them, you get a different view of Disney property, and can later say “Hey, I ran there!”
4. Tour the Parks Before they Open – Ever wanted to walk through the Magic Kingdom hours before the park opens? Try running through Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Cinderella Castle while the rides are closed. Talk about your own personal playground!
3. Guilt-Free Park Snacks and Splurges: Maybe you don’t need an excuse, but for me, splurging on an amazing post-race meal, and day after race meal without guilt is good for me!
2. Earn a Cool Medal! Each race, whether 5k or Goofy, earns the finisher a great medal. Check out all the possibilities for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 2012!
1. An Excuse to Visit the Parks: We’ve become addicted to marathon weekend after only one trip that we’re planning to participate for years to come! Plus, it’s during value season, so the parks are empty and lodging is discounted!
- Park Showdown: Disneyland Park vs Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Top Five Places to Hide Out at Walt Disney World. (chipandco.com)