I am proud to say that I was raised on Disney movies. I remember learning to work my living room VCR and how to pop in a Disney VHS before learning to tie my shoes. Let’s face it, Disney movies really do make great babysitters, don’t they? Anyway, the point is that Disney was a big part of my childhood and therefore taught me a lot! Like what, you might ask? Keep reading!
10. Stars are better than your iPhone-Need help? Ask Evangeline. Need to know how to get to Neverland? Follow the second star to the right and straight on til morning. Want to call your parents? Mufasa can be reached via star, which, with all the clouds and thunder, puts Skype to shame. Need something? Wish upon a star. Simply put, you won’t need aps, Google, or a GPS with this kind of celestial service.
9. Woodland creatures are better than any maid service out there-The lesson here is to be kind to animals, particularly mice, birds, squirrels, owls, and the like because they will clean your house, sew you a dress, or even set you up with a prince while you’re walking in the forest.
8. There are exceptions to the laws of gravity-Carpets from the Cave of Wonders, elephants, and British nannies are exempt to Newton’s discovery.
7. Healthy food isn’t all it’s cracked up to be-Snow White’s apple anyone?
6. The dangers of strangers are nothing compared to your own family-Lady Tremaine, the Evil Queen, and Mother Gothel make your family holidays seem pretty tame, don’t they?
5. Frying pans are awesome weapons. – Who knew, right?
4. Believe in fairies! – Does someone want you dead, need a dress for the ball, do you want to become a real boy? There’s a fairy for that! The Blue Fairy had Pinocchio’s back the whole time, Tinkerbell totally took a bomb for Peter Pan and lived, and the Fairy Godmother gave Cinderella probably the best dress in Disney history! Then there’s Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather who gave up magic to raise Briar Rose/Aurora to save her from Maleficient’s spell… Well, yeah, that didn’t go so well, but they’re in the film more than she was so that has to count for something, right?
3. Thieves make great boyfriend material-It’s true! Think about it. Aladdin was a thief, as was Flynn Rider; and both of those guys turned out to be pretty heroic. Then, of course, there’s Robin Hood! So yeah, I rest my case.
2. To Be a Man – You must be swift as the coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of raging fire, and mysterious as the dark side of the moon. (You must also be able to sing and/or dance, unless, of course, you’re Flynn Rider.)
1. Believe – This is true. In every film, Disney has taught me to believe, no matter what it might look like or how hard it might be. Believe that good always triumphs over evil, that there is more than this provincial life, that one day your prince will come, that you should never stop dreaming, and to do what’s right no matter what the cost.
What have you learned from Disney? Leave us one of your own Disney lessons!
- Dining: Don’t Waste Cash and Credits on Breakfast (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Catch an Outdoor Disney Movie at Walt Disney World
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Savannah (see all)
- Top 10 Disney World Must Do’s at Epcot - December 5, 2014
- Top 5 Things to Know When Visiting Disney World during the holidays - November 29, 2014
- Top 10 Disney World “Must Do’s” - November 27, 2014