Lets face it, a Walt Disney World vacation can be expensive, but did you know there are a ton of free things you can do while you are there? From things to do in the parks to fun things to do after you have wore yourself out walking around the parks I have put together this fun list for you.
Here are my Top 10 favorite free things to do at Walt Disney World.
10. Pinocchio’s Village Haus: Head over to the Magic Kingdom and you can sign the Blue Fairy’s book and make a wish. You never know, it may just come true!
9. Harmony Barber Shop: Free Pixie dust! If your little princess wants more than just the glittery pixie dust you can get at the castle, go to the barber shop! It is next to the fire station on Main Street USA hidden around the corner near the Emporium. The cast member will spray your princesses hair with hairspray and sprinkle lots of colorful confetti glitter all over their head! She will love it and you will love the smiles she has from ear to ear! This is definitely a must do for a Princess of any age!
8. Take a boat ride: Disney has a vast array of water craft to transport guests from place to place. These watercraft offer fun, free, and scenic ways to get around the massive 40 square miles of Walt Disney World. The most iconic of these is the ferry boat from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom. You can take a boat from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge to check out the amazing architecture, and if you are lucky you just might get to see Firerock Geyser going off. My personal favorite is to take a trip down the Sassagoula River from Downtown Disney to Port Orleans French Quarter. Once there, stop in to see the brightly themed Sassagoula Floatworks for some beignets and coffee!
7. Resort Campfire: If you are staying at a resort on property they have a campfire most nights with free marshmallows and sticks to roast them! Bring along some chocolate and graham crackers for some yummy s’mores. After you have had your fill of marshmallows you can enjoy a Disney movie on a large outdoor screen. My favorite is at the Polynesian, you cannot beat watching a movie on the beach, and not to worry, they will pause the movie during Wishes so you enjoy the fireworks!
6. Riding the Monorail: Disney’s trademark mode of transportation, and it’s completely free! You can resort hop to the three monorail resorts, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary Resort. Take a quick trip to Epcot for an elevated tour of Future World, and a quick look at the World Showcase. Finally the express monorail that serves Magic Kingdom will provide a quick trip around the Seven Seas Lagoon.
5. Club Cool: Just past the Starbucks in Epcot is a little gem called club cool. If you’re thirsty and need a sip of something sweet this is your place. You get free samples of soft drinks from around the world! My favorite happens to be Vegitabeta from Japan. Yummy! Try Beverly at your own risk.
4. Drop by Ghirardelli: Do you love chocolate? I know I do! At Ghirardelli in Downtown Disney as you walk in the door a friendly employee will hand you a square of chocolate for free! Pretty sweet deal! The flavors change seasonally, my favorite is the caramel!
3. Celebration Buttons: At any Guest Relations building you can get free celebration buttons! An anniversary, a birthday, your first visit, a family reunion, or any reason at all you happen to be celebrating. They write your name on it and Disneyfi it a little too! A great souvenir, and you can’t beat the price!
2. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom: Take your admission ticket, or Magic band to one of the two SOTMK locations to get a free pack of trading cards. These are part of a fun interactive game with portals all over the Magic Kingdom, except Tomorowland. The first location to get your cards is in the fire station on Main Street USA, the other is in Liberty Square behind the Christmas shop. You can get one pack of cards for each day you are at the Magic Kingdom. They do require that you play at least one portal to get more cards each day, but is it great fun so that should not be a problem!
1. Campfire Sing-a-Long with Chip and Dale: Get some one on one time with everyone’s favorite chipmunks, and sing-a-long to some campfire favorites at the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. S’mores kits are available for purchase for about $10, or you can bring your own supplies along with you. You can also bring hot dogs and cook them over one of the two fire pits for an inexpensive dinner. After all the singing and dancing is done, stick around for a Disney movie! If visiting during the colder months be sure to bring warm clothes or a blanket because once the sun goes down it can get chilly fast!
So this is my Top 10 Free Things to do at Walt Disney World. Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comment box below!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.