Recently, I shared with you the Top 7 Things to Buy BEFORE Traveling to Walt Disney World. But, there’s something about buying items in the Disney Parks that is part of every Disney vacation. We always like to get souvenirs that will last-Christmas ornaments, picture frames, etc. But there’s also that moment of instant gratification..you have to have it right then, so later on you can proudly say, “I got this at Disney World.” So, today I want to share with you 10 Things to Buy IN the Disney Parks.
- Lanyards and Pins. Pin trading is something our kids always look forward to. They each have two lanyards, and they separate their pins on them-trading pins, and pins to keep. So cute. Anyway, part of their souvenir money is set aside for pins in the parks, and occasionally a new lanyard medal. By purchasing these items in the parks, early in your trip, it gives your kids something to start off their trip with. Plus, you can easily buy new medals to commemorate the year, or their current favorite character.
- Vinylmation. Another fun collector’s item, Vinylmation can be found at several stores in Disney World. When we visit our local Disney Store, we don’t buy Vinylmation for our kids…it’s a “park only” option for them. They always look forward to adding to their collection during our trips.
- Jewelry. I love to add to my Pandora charm collection. World of Disney carries charms that will fit on my bracelet. In fact, I think I have almost all of them that they sell. Anyway, I look forward to adding to my collection each trip. Plus, it’s a bracelet I wear often, and I feel like I get good use out of that “souvenir” when I can wear it and show it off. Don’t forget, the pearls you can get in Japan can be turned into jewelry.
- A Dated Item. This could be a coffee mug, magnet, a picture frame, or Christmas ornament. I like to get a frame, and then put our picture in front of the castle in it. After a few years, it’s fun to look back at the pictures and see how we’ve changed, yet our photo spot hasn’t.
- Mouse Ears. We all know there are just a few places on Disney Property where you can find those famous mouse ears. Or, in my daughter’s case, Princess Minnie ears. Whether you add them to a collection, or proudly display your one an only pair from a trip of a lifetime, these are a classic and not to be missed item to bring home with you.
- Food. Food is where it’s at when touring the parks. Mickey ice cream bars, pretzels & caramel corn from Germany in EPCOT, Mickey shaped rice krispie treats, and anything sweet from Goofy’s Candy Company are items you just can’t get anywhere else.
- The Shop Specials. In many shops, if you spend a certain amount of money, you can get a specified item with your purchase for a small additional amount. These items change seasonally, or sometimes by shop. Duffle bags, beach towels, watches, are amongst some of the items you can get with your purchase.
- Autograph Books. Sure, Pinterest is full of DIY autograph books. And, all those ideas are super cute. But, there’s something special about buying your book from a Disney shop. If you travel year after year, perhaps you have a collection of them! Or, like our family, it sort of turns into a special memento. We used the same books for three trips….and it’s so fun to look back on those signatures!
- Disney Scrapbooking Kits. Disney puts out “park only” scrapbook paper and kits. Often, it’s specific to that time of year, or to the season. If you want to keep those memories precious, you’ll want to get some of these!
- Household Goods. Some of our favorite dishes are our bright colored Mickey patio dishes, cups, and serving items. Dish towels, cookie cutters, and pizza plates also grace our kitchen. These are such great reminders of our vacation, and we use them a lot!
So, what are your top things to buy at the Disney parks? Do you come home with a “must have” item?
Have a magical day!