Recently, I shared a post about “Packing Your Carry On Bag” for Walt Disney World. Then, I started thinking more about packing for Disney when you will be flying, like things to do when you arrive at the airport, airline info, and more. I felt I needed to expand a little more on the subject to help those getting ready to fly to Disney World for the first time or maybe those people who have flown many times.
Here are a few additional thoughts on the subject:
- When you arrive at the airport, remember where you parked- write it down, take a picture of the area number, etc. If you are a frequent flyer, try to always park in the same area so you aren’t always searching for your car after a long flight!
- If your airline allows your bags to “fly free”, take advantage of it! Just remember to pack some necessities in your carry on bag, just in case!
- Head to Walgreens, Target or Wal Mart and purchase a travel neck pillow. These help with naps in the terminals and on flight. I suggest buying one where the ends snap together so you can snap it to your carry on bag. One less thing to worry about.
- Women, pack a scarf. Not a winter scarf, the lightweight “fashion” scarf. It will help you look “in style” and it can double as a blanket in the airports and flights and can help cover up any embarrassing spills on your clothes!
- Take a few snacks (not drinks) with you in your bag. Sometimes you’ll have to get to the next flight in a hurry and won’t have time to eat in the airport.
- Research the type of plane you’ll be flying in before you arrive at the airport. This way you’ll know how much room you’ll have to stash your carry on bag. If it’s a small jet, you won’t have much room under the seat in front of you and you will want your essentials within easy reach.
- If you travel with a laptop, smart phone or tablet and depend on wifi, make sure you have a back up plan during travel! Download any important information, confirmation numbers, etc in case you can’t get online. Also have some backup movies, games, etc lined up to keep you busy.
- Don’t ever pack your park tickets, restaurant confirmation numbers or any other important travel documents in your checked bags. Just in case your bags are later than you, you’ll want those important documents!
- Consider packing a pillowcase from home for your resort. A friend recently told me she always packs a pillowcase and puts 2 hotel pillows in her pillowcase to make a “fluffier” pillow. Plus the pillowcase from home is familiar and helps her sleep better.
- Make sure to travel comfortable. No need to get all dressed up just to fly. You are going to be sitting for long period of times both at the airport and on the plane so wear something comfy!
- Disney Quick Tips – Packing Your Carry on Bag (chipandco.com)
- Top 5 Uses for Carabiners at Disney World (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- Choosing which Disney World Park to Visit - May 22, 2013
- Top 10 attractions and things to do with a toddler at Epcot - May 6, 2013
- Staying Safe at Walt Disney World - April 13, 2013