Looking for the perfect time to visit Walt Disney World? The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, who also run the popular touringplans.com, offer specific times to make your trek to see the Mouse.
The LEAST busy time to visit WDW is the week after Thanksgiving until the week before Christmas. Things start to get a little crazy at this point, so don’t over-extend your stay.
The next slowest weeks are
- the second full week of November through the weekend preceding Thanksgiving
- September, as in after Labor Day
- January 4 through the first week of February. (Except Martin Luther King holiday weekend)
- The last week of April through early June.
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World points out that late February, March, and early April are “dicey.” Crowds will come and go because of spring break and Presidents Day weekend.
Disney has done promotions aimed at the local residents and the international markets, so crowds have grown in September and October. But as far as touring the MK, AK, and HS, they suggest you go during the week and save your weekend visits for Epcot.
Love Disney World photography? Join Mouze Kateerz on Facebook, mouzekateerz.com, and Mouze Kateerz on Pinterest. for a virtual Disney vacation in photos. If you have some fabulous Disney photographs you’d like to share, send an email of your favorite Disney location to email@example.com.
- Disney Planning & Photos: Is Christmas a Good Time to Go to Disney World? (chipandco.com)
- Order Disney Food Blog’s Guide to Walt Disney World Dining (chipandco.com)