Tag Archives: Yak and Yeti
I don’t know about you, but I like to hit Disney’s Animal Kingdom as soon as it opens in the morning. I grab a quick bagel and coffee at the Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery and head for my favorite rides like Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids
By about 11 am, I am usually done with my “must-do” rides, and am ready for a late morning snack. Where do I head? Well, I check out these Top 5 Animal Kingdom Snack Spots:
Yak and Yeti – This counter service location in Animal Kingdom’s Asia offers some truly unique meal options, and their snacks are special too! Grab an egg roll, or a basket of fries, or some banana pudding or chocolate mousse to satisfy your sweet tooth. Beer (Bud Light and Safari Amber) as well as assorted soft drinks are available here as well
Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery – Over in Africa you will find this “sweet spot” that offers breakfast items as well as some delicious fresh baked goods like srownies, white chocolate elephant cupcakes (link), cookies, coffee beverages, and bottled drinks too
Campfire Treats – Camp Mickey/Minnie is a great place for the kids, and it’s a great place to grab a snack too! This kiosk offers funnel cakes, as well as soft serve cones and dishes, floats, worm n’dirt sundaes, and strawberry shortcake
Harambe Fruit Market – This is really more of a fruit stand, it offers apples/oranges/bananas, as well as mixed fruit cups and pineapple bites. Pick up some trail mix or a soft pretzel to boost your energy levels, and don’t forget a frozen lemonade to help beat that Florida heat!
Dino Bite Snacks – If you have worked up an appetite enjoying all that Dinoland has to offer, then head to this snack stand for a fresh hot churro, or an old fashioned hot fudge sundae, waffle cone, or ice cream cooke sandwich! You can always skip the ice cream and enjoy a cookie or chips with a soft drink or coffee too
So what’s the best snack that Animal Kingdom has to offer? Personally, I love the Brownie Paw at Kusafari – thick fudgey brownie base, covered with a chocolate ganache and then topped with a nice thick layer of vanilla buttercream frosting
But, the drinks offered at the various kiosks and carts in the Park are a close second – a brownie and a margarita may not sound like they go together, but trust me, they do.
But everyone has their favorites, so I would love to know what YOU think!
- Events and Tours you don’t want to miss at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (chipandco.com)
- Disney to Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 (chipandco.com)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom may not be open as long as many of the other parks but they do pack in as much as they can in the hours that is available. While walking around I know I get hungry. We often get asked from fans, Are there many Quick Service choices for Dining in Disney’s Animal Kingdom? My answer would be, most definitely, and it’s some of the best food I’ve found in the Walt Disney World Parks.
Here is a rundown of what you can find throughout the park for snacks, a quick bite or a full meal. There are carts scattered all over the park, with often one item and beverages being the only options. Also a great choice are kiosks with no seating provided, but with plenty available nearby, usually 3 or more choices with beverages. Lastly there are full Quick Service plazas with dining, restroom facilities and plenty of indoor/outdoor seating.
Why include the carts and kiosks? Well, sometimes snacking around the Animal Kingdom is the best way. There are tons of nooks to grab a table and enjoy your surroundings.
- The Beastly Kiosk-Offers corn dogs, chips and beverage choices. Perfect if you are looking for quick eats as you enter the park.
- Safari Coffee-One of several kiosks near the tree of life. Perfect for an early morning stop, Safari Coffee offers coffee, espresso beverages, breakfast pastry and cupcakes. Seating is available nearby.
- Safari Ice Cream, Popcorn and Pretzels-Three kiosks located right before the entrance to Africa. Here you will find hand scooped ice cream, popcorn and stuffed pretzels. All serve water and soft drinks. The popcorn kiosk also serves beer.
- Flame Tree Barbecue- A Full Quick Service option near the road towards Dinoland, USA. The menu consists of house-smoked specialties; including ribs, pork and chicken. Salads and beverages are available. Seating is an outdoor, partially covered pavillion with amazing views of Everest.
- Pizzafari-Also a Full Quick Service option on the path towards Camp Mickey and Minnie. Both breakfast aand lunch are served here. Another benefit is indoor (aka air-conditioned) and outdoor seating. Breakfast options include Eggs, French Toast, Frittatas and Fresh Fruit. Lunch offers Pizza, Sandwiches and Salads.