Tag Archives: White House
In what I believe was a lighthearted moment the White House officially responded to a “We the People” petition to “secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016.”
Though the White House has decided against going forward with the Death Star plan, and you can see the full version of why they oppose the idea HERE, the main points that came from the White House are:
- “The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850 quadrillion. We’re working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.”
- “The Administration does not support blowing up planets.”
- “Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?”
The statement was prepared by Paul Shawcross, the chief of the Science and Space Branch at the White House Office of Management and Budget. The Death Star petition has over 34,000 signatures; which is well over the minimum of 25,000 needed to garner a response from the White House. The “We the People” program is an online petition program that allows citizens to have a voice with their suggestions.
- ABC Considering ‘Star Wars’ TV Series (chipandco.com)
- Star Wars Weekends 2013 Dates Announced (chipandco.com)
Do you know which president the Teddy Bear is named after? Or which president got stuck in a White House bathtub?
This election season, kids can learn everything they ever wanted to know about the American presidency with Disney Publishing’s new iPad app: Disney American Presidents: Unofficial Oval Office Scrapbook – which offers a fresh, new approach to the extraordinary men who inhabited the oval office and set the course for our country.
Developed by the Disney Learning team together with a producer from The Daily Show and Colbert Report, the app offers a fresh, fun dive into all 44 presidents with an interactive scrapbook, cartoons & animations, and even real-life testimonials from luminaries like Mo Rocca and General Wesley Clark. The app is based on the award-winning educational video series The American Presidents from Disney Educational Productions and incorporates content from the series, helping to extend learning from the classroom to the iPad while at home, with friends, or on the go!
I wanted to offer up some lighthearted thoughts on my favorite Presidential Candidate. Please save your comments on our current candidates for another site. Here are my Top 10 Reasons to Vote for the Mouse!
10. He’s a snazzy dresser, but not concerned with labels. He’s’ OK with wearing the same outfit every day. He would be saving the tax paying public a ton of money. I hear Einstein was the same way
9. Mickey would have the coolest dog in White House history. Love my Pluto!
8. Rumor has it that he has already been to Mars. He also might be able to reinstate Pluto as a planet again. This is an issue my demographic would like settled.
7. He’s a born leader. Although where he was born and where his parents are from is unknown. This could create a problem. Still, everyone listens to Mickey!
6. Think of the savings on Presidential travel expenses. Everyone in the world already comes to him!
4. The merchandising profits alone would more than eliminate the National Debt.
2. Mickey Mouse gets tons of write-in votes every election. Imagine if he was actually RUNNING for President.
And the Number One Reason Mickey has my vote…
I really just want to hear Anderson Cooper say “President Mickey really uses his Toodles”
MICKEY FOR PRESIDENT 2012!
Now who will be his running mate?
- Disney In Pictures: Hidden Mickeys! (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Draw Mickey Mouse with Disney Living Artist Jeff Shelly (thedisneyblog.com)
SCANDAL: The Complete First Season
From the creator and executive producers of “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Private Practice” comes a drama revolving around the life and work of a professional crisis manager and her dysfunctional staff. A formermedia relations consultant to the President, Olivia Pope dedicates her life to protecting and defending the public images of America’s elite.
After leaving the White House, the power consultant opened her own firm, hoping to start a new chapter — both professionally and personally — but she can’t seem to completely cut ties with her past.
Slowly it becomes apparent that her staff, who specialize in fixing the lives of other people, can’t quite fix the ones closest at hand — their own.
Kerry Washington and Henry Ian Cusick lead a stellar ensemble cast in this two-disc DVD set, complete with bonus features and deleted scenes.
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Rating: TV14 DLSV Suggested Retail Price: $29.99 US; $35.99 Canada
Direct Prebook: April 17, 2012 Running Time: 301 minutes (7 episodes)
- THE RIVER: The Complete First Season – Available April 10, 2012 (chipandco.com)
- Jane By Design: Volume 1 on DVD March 20 (chipandco.com)
This is pretty cool! It looks like Marvel will be a part of the Easter Egg Roll this year at the 134th annual White House Easter Egg Roll!
Marvel Entertainment will be participating in the 2012 White House Easter Egg Roll
The 2012 Easter Egg Roll, which takes place on the South Lawn of the White House, is focused on promoting health and wellness with the theme, “Let’s Go, Let’s Play, Let’s Move!” All of the activities, including sports courts, dancing and cooking encourage children to lead healthy and active lives, which is a central part of the First Lady’sLet’s Move! initiative, a national campaign to combat childhood obesity.
World-renowned Marvel Super Heroes will make a special appearance at the 2012 White House Easter Egg Roll. Costume characters including Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America will be on hand for a meet and greet with children.
This will be the 134th annual White House Easter Egg Roll with more than 30,000 people visiting the South Lawn for games, stories, and, of course, the traditional egg roll.
Souvenir White House Easter eggs first became an annual keepsake in 1981, when President and Mrs. Ronald Reagan hosted a hunt for wooden eggs that bore the signatures of famous people. The tradition continues this year with the addition of an official First Dog “Bo” egg. These collector’s eggs are available to view or purchase atwww.easter.nationalparks.org.
To learn more about the Easter Egg Roll visit www.whitehouse.gov/
- Marvel’s The Avengers Movie Poster by LEGO (chipandco.com)
- Marvel Announces ‘Avengers’ Fan Screenings (chipandco.com)