One of the greatest things that Walt Disney World offers is the ability, every six months, to order a set of customized maps. These special maps are made of a thicker paper, and you can put as many favorite attractions, shows, and dining locations on there as you want. The maps are a great way to help you get your vacation plans kicked off into high gear.
I’ve been ordering the customized maps for years, and the process is extremely easy. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- In order to create customized maps, you need to have a Disney World account. If you don’t have one, the process is easy, free, and extremely beneficial. Just make your free account at the Disney World website, or login to the website if you already have an account.
- After you login, you will see a small box near the bottom of your browser window that will say “Free Customized Maps.” Click on this link to proceed to customized maps page, then click “Let’s Get Started” to begin!
- For each of the parks, you will be able to select your favorite attractions, shows, and dining locations. Don’t forget to select your favorites at all four parks! This can be misleading at times. After you are all ready, click the “Continue” button.
- Next up on our list is to choose which theme you want. You can choose between the classic look (which is shown above), or the characters, which is shown below. The paper is the same thickness on both, but it really is a personal preference as to which you prefer. Personally, I think the classic look is better. Make your selection, then click continue.
- You can receive your maps two different ways! You can either order them by mail and receive the maps that I’ve been describing here, or if you have already ordered maps (or don’t want to wait), you can also print them out at home. To me it’s a thrill to be able to open my mailbox and see that special Disney Magic just waiting for us to enjoy!
- If you elect to order them to be mailed to your home, you’ll need to make sure that you supply your mailing address correctly so that you receive them in time. The system tells us that it takes 2-4 weeks to receive your maps, but I really think that it actually takes less than that, or right at the 2 week time frame.
Ordering Customized Maps is a great way to enjoy a bit of Disney. They also come with dots and a star for putting on the maps to show what your resort is! Use them to announce your Disney vacation to your children, or to “dot up” which attractions you can’t wait to see. They are great to order even if you don’t have any Disney vacation plans yet, and just want a dose of Disney Magic at home!