Tag Archives: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
In celebration of the 20th Walt Disney World Marathon presented by Cigna, runDisney hosted its biggest social media meet-up yet Friday at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort.
After a magical welcome from Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, who each have a marathon medal designed after them, the group embarked on a 2.5-mile run through Hollywood Studios. The group got a unique look at Hollywood Studios during sunrise as they passed iconic attractions such as the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster before finishing at the Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show. Along the run, Disney characters such as Pluto, Minnie Mouse and Toy Story’s Woody and Buzz Lightyear, surprised the group for photo opportunities.
On set at Lights! Motors! Action! meet-up guests had the opportunity to interact with celebrities and athletes. Drew Carey and Joey Fatone entertained the guests with stories about their running experiences, and Carey also spoke about his passion for runDisney races. The group was treated to running tips from a special panel of running legends including Joan Benoit Samuelson, Bill Rodgers, Desiree Davila, Bart Yasso, Jeff Galloway and Dick Beardsley. The meet-up also featured special guests from New Balance who spoke about the specially-designed runDisney shoe and former NFL player Eddie Mason, who is working with Cigna, the marathon’s presenting sponsor, to promote health and wellness.
NEW! Disney Attractions+ now available at Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. With Attractions+ you can take home all your Attraction images, taken within a 14 day visit to the parks, for $44.95.
How does it work?
- RIDE: Ride one of the participating Attractions
- ASSOCIATE: Present your Attractions+ card at the Attraction Imaging Sales Center within 24 hours of riding to associate your photo.
- CLAIM: Visit DisneyPhotoPass.com and enter the ID on the back of the card.
- DOWNLOAD: Go to “My Downloads” to access your Attractions+ photo downloads.
Disney Attractions+ is available for purchase at any of the participating Attractions.
Walt Disney World Participating Attractions: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Test Track
Disneyland Participating Attractions: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, California Screamin, Radiator Springs Racers, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Let us know if you are going to check this out in the comment box below!
- Changes Coming to Disney World in 2013 (chipandco.com)
- How to do Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on a Budget (chipandco.com)
There is so much to see and do at Walt Disney World that it’s pretty much impossible to experience it all! However, there are a few things that you have to do in order for your Disney World vacation to be complete. Curious? Check out my Top 10 Disney’s Must Do’s and let us know how many you have done!
10. Dole Whip - A Dole Whip is a rite of passage for many Disney guests, and a sweet relief from the heat! They can only be found at a few select spots, such as Aloha Isle at the Magic Kingdom and at Captain Cook’s at the Polynesian Resort; and my personal favorite is the Dole Whip Float. This pineapple flavored soft-serve just has to be experienced!
9. Epcot World Showcase - Epcot has lots for guests to see and experience; but every guest MUST spend some time at this park’s World Showcase. This part of the park offers various pavilions representing different countries from all over the world. In an afternoon, you can visit little pieces of different nations and experience their culture, history, architecture, products, and food!
8. Kilimanjaro Safaris - This Animal Kingdom attraction offers one of the coolest experiences at WDW, a realistic African safari! You will board a safari vehicle and drive through areas which truly look and feel like the African savanna. Here you will encounter crocodiles, hippos, elephants, lions, giraffes, and much more. Young and old will enjoy!
7. Wear Mouse Ears - Every guest who visits WDW must don their own pair of iconic Mouse Ears and sport them through the Disney parks. It’s part of the Disney experience! So be sure to get your own personalized ears and stroll proudly down Main Street U.S.A. because everyone is a kid again at WDW! Just try not to go broke at Mouse Gears!
Great news for Disneyland Annual Passholders, a special preview of “The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition” at Disney California Adverture will be available on Thursday, September 13th! Both a Dinner Package and an Exhibtion Preview are available – details are below!
Exhibition Dinner Package – Tickets on sale today through September 9!
- Thursday, September 13, from 7 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
- $290 ticket includes champagne reception inside exhibition, special 4D extended sneak peek of the film, a unique dining experience in front of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and a special experience from 11:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m. that “Frankenweenie” fans will surely love
- To purchase tickets, please visit a Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth or call (714) 781-PASS (7277) today through Sunday, September 9
Chances are that if you are like myself and the other writers here at Chip and Co., you are a Disney Addict. If you already know you are you should join us on our Disney Addict Facebook Page. We have yet to find a cure, but the symptoms of this condition are rather obvious. Most likely your own friends and family have pointed them out to you or questioned your sanity time or two. Still not sure? Check out my Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re a Disney Addict.
2. You sing the theme to Wishes when watching any 4th of July fireworks display. (I did this earlier this month)
3. You ask your family members at least once a day, “where we be right now if we were at Disney?” (This usually happens to me when I’m hungry and my answer is usually Le Cellier).
4. You get excited when you drive past an airport. (This happens to me every time!)
5. You hum the Twilight Zone theme when you board an elevator. (Only when I’m alone. If not, I hum it in my mind or quote Rod Serling’s lines to myself)
6. You watch the free Disney planning DVD’s just for fun. (Done this several times; and if you’re reading this, I’m sure you have too!)
7. You find hidden Mickeys everywhere! (It’s true)
8. No one asks you anymore about where you’re going on vacation. (It’s no longer a question of where, it’s when. Otherwise, I just don’t bring it up to avoid their puzzled expressions and an awkward moment)
9. You quote lines from Disney films in everyday conversation. (Who doesn’t?)
10. You name your pets after Disney characters. (Don’t judge)
Have you shown any of these symptoms? If so, you are probably an Disney Addict so be sure to comment below and share with others who share your condition. Don’t forgot to stop by our Facebook Page and meet other addicts like yourself!
- Put a Little Disney in Your Day: Target’s Disney Artist Collection (aglassslippervacation.com)
- If you got a specialized Disney car tag, what would it say? (pics.chipandco.com)