Tag Archives: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Walt Disney World. Just the name of this magical place evokes images of little girls in princess dresses, young pirates with their swords, and little faces lighting up with joy from a hug from the main man himself-Mickey Mouse. Sometimes people might think that there isn’t as much for teenagers to enjoy at Disney. After all, a ride on Small World may not be quite as exciting to a teenager as it is to a younger child. (Unless your teenager is like me at that age-I loved it then and I still love it!) But don’t worry, I have consulted my very own teenage Disney Addict to help me show that there are rides that are fun for teens too.
Here are our recommendations for rides that are sure to make any teen smile:
Space Mountain: A true Disney classic, this is a must-do on any teen’s list. While it might be considered tamer than other roller coasters, hurtling through the dark, dodging asteroids and planets add a whole different level of fun to this ever- popular ride.
- Fastpass is available and can save you a very long wait in the stand-by line
- Ride in the front of the car for the best ride
Some of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World have a height requirement for the younger guests. The reasons are for safety and age appropriateness. While most of the attractions don’t have height minimums, the shortest you can be to experience these attractions is between 38 and 48 inches. While many parents try to make their child taller by stuffing their shoes or buying thick soled shoes, I suggest you don’t. The only one who will potentially be hurt is your child.
Here is a list of attractions by park and the height requirements:
- Goofy’s Barnstormer – 35″
- Stitch’s Great Escape – 40″
- Splash Mountain – 40″
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 40″
- Space Mountain – 44″
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway – 54″ to drive your own car, 32″ to drive with a rider who is over 54″
Runners take your mark! The “Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend“ is ready to sign you up! If you want to join other runners and Disney fans for a weekend of running and fun, then this event may be for you. Take a look at runDisney’s website for more information and for registration. There are a few categories and different events for you to find out more about. Here are the deadlines and fees for them. Let me know if you are running this year! Maybe you will see me there…cheering you on that is!
Entry Fees and Deadlines
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler
$135 by March 26, 2013
$150 between March 27 and May 21, 2013
$165 on or after May 22, 2013
Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run
$50 per participant
Chances are that if you are like myself and the other writers here at Chip and Co., you are a Disney Addict. We have yet to find a cure, but the symptoms of this condition are rather obvious. Most likely your own friends and family have pointed them out to you or questioned your sanity time or two. Still not sure? Check out my Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict.
2. You sing the theme to Wishes when watching your town’s 4th of July fireworks display.
3. You ask your family members at least once a day, “where we be right now if we were at Disney?”
4. You get excited when you drive past an airport.
5. You hum the Twilight Zone theme when you board an elevator.
New Disney Photopass Service - Disney Attractions+ now available at Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. With Attractions+ you can take home all your Attraction images, taken within a 14 day visit to the parks, for $44.95.
How does it work?
- RIDE: Ride one of the participating Attractions
- ASSOCIATE: Present your Attractions+ card at the Attraction Imaging Sales Center within 24 hours of riding to associate your photo.
- CLAIM: Visit DisneyPhotoPass.com and enter the ID on the back of the card.
- DOWNLOAD: Go to “My Downloads” to access your Attractions+ photo downloads.
Disney Attractions+ is available for purchase at any of the participating Attractions.
Walt Disney World Participating Attractions: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Test Track
Disneyland Participating Attractions: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, California Screamin, Radiator Springs Racers, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Let us know if you are going to check this out in the comment box below!
- Long Lost Disney Friends Return for Limited Time Magic at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
- Changes Coming to Disney World in 2013 (chipandco.com)