Tag Archives: Turkey leg
Disney’s Animal Kingdom may not be open as long as many of the other parks but they do pack in as much as they can in the hours that is available. While walking around I know I get hungry. We often get asked from fans, Are there many Quick Service choices for Dining in Disney’s Animal Kingdom? My answer would be, most definitely, and it’s some of the best food I’ve found in the Walt Disney World Parks.
Here is a rundown of what you can find throughout the park for snacks, a quick bite or a full meal. There are carts scattered all over the park, with often one item and beverages being the only options. Also a great choice are kiosks with no seating provided, but with plenty available nearby, usually 3 or more choices with beverages. Lastly there are full Quick Service plazas with dining, restroom facilities and plenty of indoor/outdoor seating.
Why include the carts and kiosks? Well, sometimes snacking around the Animal Kingdom is the best way. There are tons of nooks to grab a table and enjoy your surroundings.
- The Beastly Kiosk-Offers corn dogs, chips and beverage choices. Perfect if you are looking for quick eats as you enter the park.
- Safari Coffee-One of several kiosks near the tree of life. Perfect for an early morning stop, Safari Coffee offers coffee, espresso beverages, breakfast pastry and cupcakes. Seating is available nearby.
- Safari Ice Cream, Popcorn and Pretzels-Three kiosks located right before the entrance to Africa. Here you will find hand scooped ice cream, popcorn and stuffed pretzels. All serve water and soft drinks. The popcorn kiosk also serves beer.
- Flame Tree Barbecue- A Full Quick Service option near the road towards Dinoland, USA. The menu consists of house-smoked specialties; including ribs, pork and chicken. Salads and beverages are available. Seating is an outdoor, partially covered pavillion with amazing views of Everest.
- Pizzafari-Also a Full Quick Service option on the path towards Camp Mickey and Minnie. Both breakfast aand lunch are served here. Another benefit is indoor (aka air-conditioned) and outdoor seating. Breakfast options include Eggs, French Toast, Frittatas and Fresh Fruit. Lunch offers Pizza, Sandwiches and Salads.
Where to find it: At smoked turkey leg carts all over the Walt Disney World Resort. In DHS, there’s a permanent stand, , on Sunset. Your nose will find it before you do. Just follow the delicious scent of smoked meat.
What is it: A gigantic smoked turkey leg that is an iconic Disney theme park experience. It used to be one snack credit but it now a Table Service credit. My suggestion pay for it with Cash.
Why you want it: Because deep down, you’ve always wanted to act like a caveman. Because it’s juicy and delicious and completely carb-free. Look, we know you wouldn’t walk around in Mickey ears back home and you probably also wouldn’t walk around like Henry the 8th gnawing on a big ole turkey leg either. Some things you keep special just for Disney World. So dig in! Don’t feel guilty.
Photo Credit: Special thanks to Chris from the Pickles and Cake blog for sharing what is undoubtedly the best turkey leg eatin’ photo ever!
Where is it? All over Walt Disne World, purchased separately but brought together by you.
What is it? This wonderful creation is the best of both worlds..A merger of salty, smokey, sweet. I call it the Smoked Churro.
Why you want it? It’s a meal and dessert all rolled up into one!
Photo Credit: by shadowstorm via flickr
If you have a Disney Food Confession email email@example.com or let us know on the Disney Food Confessions.. He is accepting Food ideas or Photos if you have them!
What is it about a turkey leg that drives the Disney Foodies crazy? Is it the carnivore spirit in all of us that just loves these delicious portable meals on a stick (of sorts). Is it the smokey goodness that is injected in this delicious treat?
Whatever it may be it seems everyone is crazy over this meaty treat.
Here is a fun video from Unwrapped on the Food Network