Tag Archives: The Walt Disney Studios
Don’t Let The Party Start Without You! Come on along and celebrate Minnie Mouse’s birthday in a brand new video from The Walt Disney Studios.
MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE: I ♥ MINNIE will be released on DVD with Digital Copy for the first time and made available for purchase nationwide on February 7, 2012. This coming Valentine and Easter seasons, The Walt Disney Studios invites everyone to join the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gang—Daisy, Mickey, Donald & Goofy—in a special celebration of Minnie Mouse’s birthday.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: I ♥ Minnie includes five, fun-filled episodes—each underlining the themes of friendship, teamwork, sharing and problem solving—and an all new bonus feature “You’re Invited to Minnie’s Birthday Party,” as well as two complimentary Best Friend necklaces, one to keep and one to share with a very special someone this Valentine’s Day.
The five classic episodes include:
- Minnie & Daisy’s Flower Shower (All-New, Never-Before-Seen) - The botanical highlight of the year is in trouble, unless Minnie and Daisy can get their flowers to bloom! Together, they board the glove balloon to help coax the clouds to sprinkle much needed rain.
- Daisy’s Dance - Clap your hands and tap your feet! Join Daisy, as she gets ready for one of the most important events of her life––performing in the big talent show!
- Daisy’s Pet Project - The Pet Parade is almost here and Daisy needs to find the perfect animal for which she can love and care. But it’s not as easy as she thinks and soon she has three new friends: an elephant named Bubbles, a giraffe called Longfellow and a bunny called Captain Jumps-a-lot!
- Minnie’s Rainbow - After a brightly colored rainbow appears over the clubhouse, Minnie searches for the pot of gold that’s supposed to be at its end. Along the way, she meets a leprechaun and discovers that not all treasure turns out to be as she expected!
- Minnie’s Birthday – Today is Minnie’s birthday, but the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse friends need to set up her birthday party.
Street Date: February 7, 2012
Direct Prebook: December 13, 2011
Distributors Prebook: December 27, 2011
Suggested Retail Prices: $19.99 U.S./$24.99 Canada
Run Time: Approximately 120 minutes
Rated: TV-Y (bonus not rated)
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1.78:1)
Sound: Dolby Digital Sound
Languages: English, Spanish, French
The Digital Copy allows parents to easily and quickly download episodes onto a computer or secondary handheld device for on-the-go access.
- MICKEY MOUSE - Wayne Allwine (TV’s “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” & “House of Mouse”)
- MINNIE MOUSE - Russi Taylor (TV’s “Jake and the Never Land Pirates,” & “The Simpsons”)
- DAISY DUCK - Tress MacNeille (TV’s “Futurama,” & “The Simpsons”)
- DONALD DUCK - Tony Anselmo (Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Fantasia/2000)
- GOOFY - Bill Farmer (Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc.)
- PLUTO - he doesn’t speak
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company (DIS: NYSE) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures, which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and Disney LIVE!. For more information, please visit www.disney.com.
Against the backdrop of the African savanna, witness the heart-stopping rivalry between two clans and the epic journey of one brave family. “African Cats” captures the real-life love, humor and determination of these majestic kings of the savanna, including Mara, the daughter of an injured, but determined lioness; Sita, a brave cheetah and single mother of five newborn cubs who’s trying to make a home in the wildest place on Earth; and Kali, a lion once banished from his pride who returns with his sons to reclaim his home. Disneynature brings “The Lion King” to life on the big screen in this True Life Adventure directed by Keith Scholey and Alastair Fothergill (“Earth”). An awe-inspiring adventure blending family intimacy with the power and cunning of the wild, “African Cats” leaps into theatres on Earth Day, April 22, 2011.
- “African Cats” is the third release for Disneynature, the first new Disney-branded film label from The Walt Disney Studios in more than 60 years. Launched in April 2008 to bring the world’s top nature filmmakers together to capture a variety of wildlife subjects and stories, Disneynature was behind both “Earth” and “Oceans.”
- “Earth,” the first film to premiere domestically under the new label on Earth Day 2009, garnered a record-breaking opening weekend for a nature documentary. On its opening day, the film also broke the single-day box-office record for a nature documentary.
- Hitting theaters on April 22, 2010, “Oceans” was the #1 film that day and had the third highest opening weekend box-office gross of all time for a nature film. “Oceans” is the third highest grossing feature-length nature film in history.
- Walt Disney was a pioneer in wildlife documentary filmmaking, producing 13 True-Life Adventure motion pictures between 1949 and 1960, including “Seal Island” (1949), “Beaver Valley” (1950), “The Living Desert” (1953) and “Jungle Cat” (1958). The films earned eight Academy Awards®.
Leaping into theaters in celebration of Earth Day, 2011, “African Cats” features the real-life love, humor and determination of the kings of the African savanna: Mara, the daughter of an injured, but determined lioness; Sita, a brave cheetah and single mother of five newborn cubs; and Kali, a lion once banished from his pride, who returns with his five sons to reclaim his home.
In a nationwide effort to reduce energy consumption, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and The Advertising Council launched a new series of public service announcements (PSAs) designed to inspire today’s youth and their parents with ways to establish positive energy efficiency practices.
Energy use is on the rise around the world. By 2030, global energy demand is expected to increase 50 percent above 2005 levels, with electricity demand alone in the U.S. projected to rise 29 percent over the same period. Families can help reduce the demand, by using less and becoming more energy efficient. According to a national online survey of tweens ages 8-12 released by the Ad Council, 87 percent say that saving energy is important and 65 percent believe that saving energy on a daily basis is not hard.
Developed by The Walt Disney Studios, the new PSAs continue Disney’s commitment to inspire environmental stewardship in youth. The television, outdoor and web PSAs featuring Tinker Bell are designed to educate 8-10 year olds on how to save energy and feature scenes from Disney’s all-new movie Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue releasing on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD, September 21. The PSAs direct audiences to www.energy.gov/kids where they can find fun, simple tips on energy efficient behaviors and learn about new technological advances to reduce energy consumption in the home.
“We are pleased to expand our energy efficiency campaign with these new PSAs developed in collaboration with the Department of Energy and The Walt Disney Studios,” said Peggy Conlon, President & CEO of the Ad Council. “These new PSAs, featuring Tinker Bell, will provide children with simple energy saving tips and inspire families to take action so we can become less energy dependent.”
DOE and the Ad Council first launched the Energy Efficiency PSA campaign in September 2008. Per the Ad Council model, the PSAs will be distributed to media outlets nationwide this week and will run and air in advertising time and space that is donated by the media. To date, the campaign has received more than $63 million in donated media time and space.