Tag Archives: Souvenirs
Disney Theme Park Soundtrack CD’s have become my favorite souvenirs! They are well worth the price you pay, because they last quite a long time! The majority of my CD’s were purchased back in 2005 and 2006 and they are still going strong! Disney is currently selling a CD called Four Parks, One World which includes 37 songs and soundtracks from all 4 Disney theme parks. Disney also offers the Soundtracks to Fantasmic, Wishes, Main Street Electrical Parade and Illuminations just to name a few. Many of Disney’s soundtracks from shows, parades and attractions are on CD. These CD’s are great to listen to in the car or at home when you’re in need of a “Disney fix.” You can find these CD’s at almost all of the resorts and parks, but the largest CD selection is at World of Disney in Downtown Disney.
T-shirts can fade, antenna toppers can deteriorate, but these Disney soundtracks on CD are very long-lasting! Next time you’re looking to purchase a souvenir that gives you the most bang for your buck, choose any of the Disney Park CDs!
- Disney Quick Tips: Rules and Etiquette for Pin Trading (chipandco.com)
- Top 5 Ideas For Going Beyond the Attractions (chipandco.com)
For many of us the trips we plan to Disney are about making memories, family time and good old fashioned fun. For our kids its about all that…and the souvenirs. Let’s face it Disney is pretty good at tempting us adults too! They have exclusive Park Only merchandise and the cutest little sweatshirts, stuffed toys, trading pins…OH MY! I could go on and on. They have not been in business for this long without knowing how to merchandise. Here are a few tips to keep your wallet happy as well as your kids (and you).
1. Buy Before You Go. Check out the Disney Store or Disneystore.com for small gifts you know your kids will enjoy. The key here is small as you are going to bring them with you on your trip. Little princess cell phones, McQueen bouncy balls, stuffed Tiggers are all good ideas. Looking for these items on sale is the objective. Even other stores like Target, Kohl’s or Toys R Us carry Disney items. Pick up what you can and put it aside. Tip: If you are flying and have so much of this stuff that you require an extra piece of luggage, you probably aren’t saving money. If it makes sense you can also mail packages to your resort ahead of time. Again weigh the cost here of shipping.
If Disney is the most magical place on Earth and Christmastime is the most magical time of year its no wonder they go together like Peanut Butter & Jelly (or Banana if thats your fancy). My home sparkles with the magical shimmer of Disney all year but at Christmas there are no decorations as fun or whimsical. We have a ton of stuff but I guess the best place to start is the tree.
We collect ornaments from our trips. We also collect ornaments when we go to Disney on Broadway shows and other Disney-related life events (like the bride and groom ears from Lenox among others). We always come home from Disney World trips with one (or two or three). We used to just get the “yearly” ones but this year we also ended up with a 40th anniversary of Magic Kingdom one as well as both Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty’s castles since we visited both Disney World and Disneyland this year.
My mom also started a Hallmark tradition with us as kids where we would pick out an ornaments every year for the tree. Even though I am married and out of the house picking out an ornament with her is one of my favorite parts of the holidays.
Aside from our tree we have the Disney Store collectible snowglobe pairs, a Christmas card holder, about a half dozen stuftees, are always fully stocked in Disney cocoa, and OF COURSE I incorporate it into my Christmas baking. If you didn’t check out the In the Disney Kitchen Christmas posts check em out now!
I even get my car in the mix (which I have affectionately named Little Blue). I grabbed this antennae topper (and never was I happier to still have an antenna on my car… lol) when I was down in Disney in October!
And last but certainly not least, a few years back Disney Store’s holiday merchandise was a real retro classic look with stitching along the edges and a more vintage look to the characters. I picked up a stocking for me, my hubby, and our pup (Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto of course). These are probably my favorite of all our Disney Christmas decorations because Christmas makes me feel so nostalgic for times I never even lived during.
And I guess the magic stays the whole year through because these are just my favorites and I have a home and heart filled with Disney and its magic. I know there are lots of people today who still don’t get it but I do, and you do if you are reading this. One of my favorite Walt Disney quotes is something he and I both have in common…
“People who have worked with me say I am ‘innocence in action’. They say i have the innocence and unself-consciousness
Happy Holidays! xoxo Melissa
- Disney in Christmas: Home for the Holidays (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Planning Tips for when the Parks are PACKED! (chipandco.com)
Hello everyone! Yes it’s once again that time – time for the Chip and Company Disney Week In Review. We will be taking a look at some of the more intriguing news items concerning the Disney Company and all of it’s subsidiaries and of course we will give you a taste of the work of the best staff of Disney writers in existence. Let’s press on!!!
- We all know that there are lots and lots of Jake and the Neverland Pirates out there and the folks at Disney recognize this also. That is why those folks will be pleased to know that Jake and the Neverland Pirates Coming to Disney Parks. I think we all figured it would happen and it is on the way.
- This particular day only happens once a century and the Lucky 11′s were wild at the Walt Disney World Resort. Check out the details when you read 11-11-11 Popular Wedding Day at WDW. Yes there were 11 couples that day!!!
- It’s not always fun and magic at the Disney properties. You will see what I mean when you read how there was a Man arrested for peeping over restroom stall in Epcot. I don’t generally express opinions but that is just sick.
- Comics are going digital and you Marvel fans will not have to wait. Find out what is going on in Marvel Digital Comics to Go On Sale Same Day As In Store. Imagine that, the Same Day.
- Are you going to Walt Disney World soon? Are you going to attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? Do you like the Characters? If you answered yes to all three of those questions then you will be happy to know that New Characters Are Coming to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Have a magical time!!!
- Disney always seems to be doing something to enhance the childhood experience. Their latest effort comes about as Disney Publishing Announces Launch of FamilyFun Kids, A New, Interactive Children’s Magazine. Educational – most likely, profitable – definitely!!
- It’s not just speculation any more!! Fans of the Dora The Explorer game at Epcot will be thrilled to know that the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Is Play-Tested at Walt Disney World. It looks like it will be live in early 2012.
- Attention Facebook users (isn’t that ALMOST everyone?). Did you know that you will now be able to Engage in Goofy’s Gift Exchange on Facebook. Check out the article to see just what it entails.
- Do you like exotic (read EXPENSIVE) automobiles? You folks will be happy happy happy to know that there is an Exotic Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway coming soon. I heard a rumor that someone (could it be Chip) has been invited to head on down and give it a try. Drive safely boss!!!
- Are you an Annual Passholder? Are you going to be at the Walt Disney World resort in December? If so Disney has a gift for you. They decided that Annual Passholders receive free 2012 Calendar and it starts December 2nd. Check the details.
There was an awful lot of news coming out of Disney this week so if you want to keep up to date about all things Disney (and who does not) make sure to stop by Chip and Company every day. BUT – we don’t just have news we also have a group of very experienced Disney visitors who are more than willing to offer you their thoughts, opinions, and experiences. Let’s take a look at just a few of their articles:
- Brenda offers us a lovely and very touching story about her very favorite Disney souvenir. Take a look at Disney Souvenirs & Collectibles – Princess Wedding Dance Snowglobe and find out why this particular souvenir means so very much to Brenda.
- Our writers visit Walt Disney World regularly and they just love the resort hotels. We have a new series about these hotels and Mel gives you the information to answer the question – Is Disney’s Boardwalk Villas Resort For You? Give it a look and see if the Boardwalk Villas are a good fit for you.
- Lee, our resident Canadian, loves detail and shows this love when he talks about the Top 5 Imagineering Touches at The Magic Kingdom. Articles like this are a great way to find out things you may not have known.
That’s all for this week my friends. Please stop by and visit us each day to stay current and you may just be surprised at what Chip is giving away – free stuff is good!!! As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2011 at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom – Photos and Video (jefflangedvd.com)
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Coming to Disney Parks (chipandco.com)
What is it? My favorite Disney souvenir ever is my zippered hoodie from Walt Disney World’s Epcot.
Why is it so special? I got my Epcot hoodie on our first trip to the World in 2006. We had road tripped to Florida in our rockin’ new minivan, and I discovered that although it was sunny, hot September, the A/C in the van blasts like an arctic freeze. I needed a jacket for the trip home. Each subsequent trip has required an updated look and so began my collection. I now have a zippered hoodie for each Park visit, plus one from the Disney DREAM Christening Cruise, and one Disneyland jacket I got at the Disney Store outlet (ssh! Don’t tell it’s not really from the Park).
Where did you get it? I got my Epcot hoodie at Mouse Gear.
How much did it cost? I think it was close to $50.
- New and Improved: MouseGear at Epcot (chipandco.com)
- Best Bathrooms in Walt Disney World – Epcot (chipandco.com)