Tag Archives: Shades of Green
Hi ya everybody! It’s your friend Anonymouse here to share the latest Disney gossip with you!
Today, I have some exciting news to share with you about the Disney Vacation Club. The Disney Vacation Club will be expanding to include Disney’s Polynesian Resort! Construction on the Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Polynesian Resort is expected to begin by the end of the year. It may be completed by 2017, but no one seems to know for sure! Disney Vacation Club will be adding 20 bungalows on the beach or over the water at Disney’s Polynesian Resort!
Here is the word from the World Famous Tikiman.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party & Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Ticket Information & Details
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! It’s me, Anonymouse, and tonight, I have some exciting details about some special events at Disney World to share with you!
I’m hearing about some dates and ticket prices about some special events at the Walt Disney World Resort for later this year! Tickets are supposed to go on sale May 1, 2013.
Night of Joy is Disney’s contemporary Christian music festival. This year it will be held September 6-7, 2013 from 7:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. If you purchase one night of tickets in advance, they are $55. The cost for both nights is $99 when purchased ahead of time. You can also purchase tickets for $65 each night the day of the event.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will be on select dates this fall:
Want to take the kids to the Disney World, but money a little tight? With this economy who’s budget isn’t tight…With a little planning it can be done: here are ten ways to save on your next Disney World Vacation.
- Stay at a Disney Value Resort Hotels - While on property you still get all the extra’s as someone staying at the larger resorts. Such as Disney Transportation, extra magic hours, Disney Dining Plan, and much more. The rooms might be a little smaller but your just there to sleep right?
- Stay at a resort or vacation home off Disney property. If you have to there are plenty of decent hotel rooms available all around Lake Buena Vista. If you have a larger family (more than four people), the savings are even greater. You can get a vacation home with a private pool for a week but remember you will need your own transportation.
- Watch for Disney Promotions. Who doesn’t love free food? Lately Disney is almost always running some sort of discount on their website. (Keep in mind Chip and Company constantly keep you up to date on current Disney promotions so check back with us often) Also Disney is known to send out special promotions via postcard and email. How do you get them to send you one? Its a mystery, but signing up to receive one of their vacation planning videos and registering at www.disneyworld.com will help. Read my previous article on the elusive Pin Codes here.
- Purchase a dining package. Disney offers dining packages to guests staying at their resorts. These packages have to be booked in advance and you can save 30% or more on your dining if you buy one of these plans. Essentially the dining plan is a meal plan that you pay for in advance. Sorta like a lay-away. Check out this article talking about to Meal Plan or Not To Meal Plan.
- Travel during the “off” season. Disney resort and dining prices fluctuate depending on what time of year it is; the same trip over Christmas week will cost you a whole lot less the first week of December. There is much debate when the off season is. One guideline to follow is when school is out it will be busy. If you check on a Disney Cruise you will see the same trip almost double for Spring Break or in the Summer.
Current and past service members are entitled to some pretty great discounts through September 28, 2013. These room and ticket discounts are called the Armed Forces Salute. Here are some of the discounts you can expect and some information to help service members plan their trip!
Rooms at Disney resorts can be reserved for some excellent discounts most nights with the exception of November 22, 2012 through November 24, 2012; December 23, 2012 through December 31, 2012; and March 25, 2013 through April 4, 2013.
Room discounts include 30% Percent off select value resorts including Art of Animation, 35% off select moderate resorts including Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds and 40% off select deluxe resorts. Guests do need to present a valid military ID upon check in.
You can reserve your room by calling Disney directly and asking for the Armed Forces Salute discount or by calling your travel agent who will be glad to assist you in planning your trip from start to finish!
You can add the dining plan on to any military package which is a great way to budget for food while on vacation.
Raytheon honors service members and military families at Shades of Green at the Walt Disney World Resort
Raytheon Company is honored to renew its sponsorship of the Raytheon Wounded Warrior Suite at the Shades of Green Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The Raytheon Wounded Warrior Suite provides wounded service members and their families with a 1,200-square-foot ADA compliant suite that can accommodate up to 10 adults and four children.
“Raytheon salutes and thanks all of our service members and their families who make daily sacrifices on our behalf,” said Pamela Erickson, Raytheon’s vice president of Community Relations. “Our continued support for Shades of Green® and the Wounded Warrior Suite is a small token of our appreciation to those we can never thank enough.”
Raytheon also hosted character breakfasts for military families today, during which children of all ages had a chance to meet their favorite Disney characters at Shades of Green. The breakfasts, which the company hosts annually, were capped off with cake to celebrate Raytheon’s 90th anniversary and the third anniversary of Raytheon’s Sum of all Thrills experience at INNOVENTIONS at Epcot.
The Shades of Green Resort provides active service members, veterans and their families with a vacation filled with fun and relaxation at an affordable cost. Shades of Green is operated as an Armed Forces Recreation Center by the U.S. Army in support of all branches of the U.S. military, their family members and guests.
Raytheon’s relationship with Shades of Green began in 2009 with the company’s donation of The Family Technology Center, a game room for the guests’ “home away from home.” The center includes plasma televisions, personal computers, Nintendo Wii™ and Microsoft Xbox systems, providing an on-site extension of the Disney experience – to relax, connect and enjoy a family experience.
- 3rd Anniversary for Epcot’s “Sum of Thrills” (jedimouseketeer.com)
- Characters in Flight Lifts Off… Again (pics.chipandco.com)