Tag Archives: recreation
Heading to Disney World or Disneyland in 2013? Be sure to request your FREE Walt Disney World Vacation Planning DVD and get started with your planning today!
Once you have your DVD be sure to stop by Chip and Co for the best in Disney Park News, Planning Tips, Giveaway and Much More!
Just click the image above to order yours today!
- Disney World Behind the Magic – What Disney does behind the scenes to help YOU have a better vacation (chipandco.com)
- Top 10 Disney World Rides You Must Do Each Visit! (chipandco.com)
When I was younger I was a big Disney World thrill seeker. I could ride Splash Mountain all day long, take the trek to the top of Everest every hour on the hour, and spend enough time on Rockin Roller Coaster to make Aerosmith question my sanity. As I got older and had kids my ride choices changed. I would have to spend more time on family friendly rides and sneak off to ride Space Mountain when the little ones would be napping in the stroller. No matter what your situation the fact remains there are some rides you Must Do ever visit.
Here is a list of my Must Do Disney World Rides:
- Soarin’ - This virtual hang glider ride over California is located in the land pavilion at Epcot. The combination of sight, smell, and sensation will leave you breathless! Make sure as soon as you get off pick up a Fastpass to do again later.
- Pirates of the Caribbean - This classic ride located in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom will take you through a swash buckling tale that will make everyone in your group smile! You will also be guaranteed to be singing “Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate’s life for me” for the rest of the day! Now featuring mermaids!
A Disneyland employee was struck by an undercover police car in Anaheim earlier this week. The female employee was transported to a local hospital and was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The accident occured near Disneyland Drive and Magic Way around 10pm Monday night.
Alicia Handy of Lakewood said the accident took place only a few feet in front of her.
“We were just trying to go back to the car after a day at Disneyland,” Handy said, “and I think it was a Disneyland employee in front of us. The pedestrian light had completely changed. We were crossing totally legally and I guess the guy in the turn lane just didn’t see her.”
- Arrests Made Over Prostitution Ring Near Disneyland (chipandco.com)
- Disneyland Has a New Way of Cracking Down on Ticket Abuse (chipandco.com)
- Disneyland employee hit by undercover cop car (abclocal.go.com)
Last night, Wednesday January 2nd, hand grenades were found at 1780 Buena Vista Drive, otherwise known as Downtown Disney. A Walt Disney World janitor found the three hand grenades in a parking lot only open to employees.
The hand grenades posed no threat to anyone as they were hollowed out with nothing inside. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office were on the scene and the bomb squad removed the grenades around 10pm last night. Deputies will blow them up to be certain but Downtown Disney is operating normally.
“There was minimal disruption to guests,” Disney spokeswoman Kathleen Prihoda said.
With all the craziness we live in these days I wonder what someone was thinking to pull a prank like this? Assuming it was a prank. Tell me were you at Downtown Disney last night and did you notice anything going on?
- Phineas and Ferb & YOU: Free Fun at Downtown Disney Now Through December 1 (chipandco.com)
- Custodian finds hand grenades in Downtown Disney trash can (foxnews.com)