Tag Archives: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Set your hyperdrive for the Disney’s Hollywood Studios sector for May and early June, for the 2013 edition of Star Wars Weekends. This year’s Force-filled fun will take place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 17 – June 9, 2013.
While details are still being planned, we’re excited to announce that James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein are returning as celebrity hosts for the annual special event. James, the voice behind many of the most famous animated characters in film, television and commercials, is known to Star Wars fans as the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series. Ashley, who started her show business career as a parade dancer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is the voice of Anakin’s ambitious Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
James is the Official Celebrity Host of Star Wars Weekends 2013, and Ashley is Celebrity Host of “Behind the Force,” a live show that takes fans behind-the-scenes in the Star Wars universe.
Be sure to program your scanning droids to check here for the latest updates from the Galactic Senate about Star Wars Weekends 2013.
Lego Star Wars Battle Orders is now available for FREE in iTunes. This iOS app is very simplistic and fun. After choosing to fight on the light-side or dark-side you’ll use your finger to swipe what planet your ships should build a base on. Stand ready because opposing forces will be ready to fight for the right to build that base.
The trademark Lego looks are there along with the wonderful Star Wars look and feel, not to mention the sound effects and John Williams music. What was lacking was in the initial directions. It will take some time to get used to how it all works and what the different icons represent. As the levels grow in difficulty you will be able to earn some pretty cool power-ups so be ready to experiment when new symbols appear.
Overall this is a really entertaining app for the casual gamer on-the-go. Download it today. It’s free so what have you got to loose?
Watch and relive all the action, drama, and twists of Season 4 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on StarWars.com. All 22 episodes will be available to view May 4th – May 6th (though some are live now, if you want a head-start). Catch up on episodes you might have missed, or revisit your favorite moments. Dive into the underwater action, face the frontlines on a darkened world, go undercover with Obi-Wan in a deadly bounty hunter tournament, witness the shocking fate of the Nightsisters and the return of Darth Maul! And, yes, to make the wait for Season 5 even harder, you will get a first glimpse at what’s to come…
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Marathon on StarWars.com (jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Ashley Eckstein Unveils New Her Universe Wearables and Event Appearances (jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com)
Following the post earlier in the week about the return of James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi – Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano – Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as Celebrity Hosts for Star Wars Weekends, we received a new transmission from an R2 unit that reveals more Star Wars celebrities scheduled to appear this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios park. The annual event takes place each Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 18-June 10, 2012.
With Donald Duck doing his best Darth Maul impression in the 2012 event logo, seen here, Star Wars Weekends 2012 will welcome several celebrities from Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace for the Force-filled fun. In fact, Donald will have the chance to meet Ray Park, the action star who portrayed Darth Maul, during an extended engagement. Ray (pictured below) is scheduled to appear in both Weekends I and II.
Another 2012 highlight: keep a sharp eye during Weekend IV when bounty hunters — a favorite among many fans — take center stage in their very own weekend (doesn’t that seem appropriate, considering Star Wars bounty hunters generally work on their own anyway?). As an added surprise, Weekend IV will be a “Bonus Boba” weekend! Both actors who portrayed laconic enforcer Boba Fett in the saga — Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan — will appear during the event’s closing weekend.
Each weekend will also feature a visiting celebrity voice actor from the popular animated TV series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Here’s the scheduled celebrity lineup for Star Wars Weekends 2012 (subject to change):
Weekend I (May 18 – 20)
- Ray Park – (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Jerome Blake (Rune Haako/Mas Amedda – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Clone Captain Rex and Clone Commander Cody – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Weekend II (May 25- 27)
- Andy Secombe (Watto – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Tom Kane (voice of Yoda – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Weekend III (June 1 -3)
- Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Silas Carson (Nute Gunray/Ki-Adi-Mundi – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- (Star Wars: The Clone Wars voice talent – currently TBD)
Weekend IV (June 8- 10)
- Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi)
- Daniel Logan (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones)
- Nika Futterman (voice of Asajj Ventress – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
While most daily events are still being scheduled, we have received a few additional news of note and tips for Star Wars Weekends 2012 (all activities & entertainment subject to change):
- “Hyperspace Hoopla”: This high-energy, one-of-a-kind show is a chance to see some of the famed Star Wars characters performing like never before. It will take place on a stage in front of the Sorcerer Mickey hat on Hollywood Blvd., and is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. each event evening.
- Autograph Opportunities: As always, there is no additional charge for the celebrity autograph sessions at Star Wars Weekends. The autograph lines will once again be handled via a FASTPASS-type system. The meet-and-greet session/autograph opportunities are extremely limited, so guests need to arrive early to receive a FASTPASS. Please refer to this link, which will take you to the official Star Wars Weekends event page on DisneyWorld.com. There, you’ll find more detailed information under “Celebrity Autographs.”
- Star-Studded Event: Keep in mind, autograph opportunities are not the only place to see the celebrities. Star Wars stars take part in fun throughout the day in Star Wars-themed talk shows, behind-the-scenes presentations, the gala “Legends of the Force” parade and more.
That’s the latest for now. Keep checking back as we confirm more scheduled activities for Star Wars Weekends 2012. Do you have any special memories of past Star Wars Weekends or of any of the celebrities that will attend this year? If so, please share in the comments.
- Sneak Peek at Star Wars Weekends 2012 Merchandise (jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com)
- Actors Ashley Eckstein and James Arnold Taylor Host Star Wars Weekends 2012 at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Disney Parks announced today that Ashley Eckstein and James Arnold Taylor are reprising their roles as hosts for Star Wars Weekends 2012 at Disney Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort.
James Arnold Taylor will be the the emcee of the festivities while Ashley Eckstein will host “Behind the Force,” a look into “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” animated series.
Taylor is the extremely talented actor whose versatile vocal range has given him success in every facet of the voice-over industry. Star Wars fans know him as the voice of the venerable Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and he has performed celebrated roles in animation and video games, as well as exacting voice-doubling for such stars as Christopher Walken, David Spade, and Michael J. Fox. Taylor debuted his high-energy one-man performance “Talking to Myself” in 2011.
Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker’s Padawan on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” is a former Walt Disney World Resort cast member at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Not only did she grow up around the parks but also stared as Muffy on Disney Channel’s “That’s So Raven.” In addition to doing film and voice work, Eckstein also started Her Universe, a company that produces licensed merchandise targeted specifically for women and girls.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano (jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com)
- Register Now for the Star Wars Celebration VI Costume Pageant (chipandco.com)