Tag Archives: New Year
Guests spending New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World Resort can choose from fireworks extravaganzas, evening dance parties, delicious dining experiences and more as nighttime activities. Here’s a look at what’s in store at the Vacation Kingdom on New Year’s Eve (show times and entertainment are subject to change without notice) …
At the Parks…
- “Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!” Street Party at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. & 5:15 p.m.
- “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” at 12 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- “Main Street Electrical Parade” at 7 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
- “Holiday Wishes” fireworks at 8:30 p.m.
- “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks at 11:50 p.m.
- Park Hours: 8 a.m.-2 a.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- “Block Party Bash” parade at 3 p.m.
- “Fantasmic!” nighttime extravaganza at 6:30 p.m., 8 p.m. & 10 p.m.
- Live performances by in-park band “Mulch, Sweat and Shears” at Mickey’s Sorcerer’s Hat at 8 p.m., 9 p.m., 10 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- “Lights, Camera, Happy New Year” fireworks starring “Mulch, Sweat and Shears” at 11:55 p.m.
- Park hours: 8 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Special version of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” at 7:30 p.m. & 11:40 p.m.
- Park hours: 8 a.m.-1 a.m.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- “Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade” at 3:45 p.m.
- Park Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon:
- “Electrical Water Pageant” at 10:25 p.m.
At Downtown Disney and Disney’s BoardWalk …
Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney:
- 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. performances of La Nouba
- Special New Year’s Eve champagne toasts
- Guests will receive a limited-edition La Nouba pin created for the New Year’s Eve event
- More info: 407/939-7328 or cirquedusoleil.com/lanouba
DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney: Ring in the New Year at DisneyQuest with favorite cyber attractions and games, a DJ Dance Party with a New Year’s Eve countdown, party favors and a coupon for a personal pizza and soda at FoodQuest
- Party Hours: 8 p.m.-1 a.m.
- $39 per person, advance/$45 per person, day of
- More info: 407/934-7639 or disneyworld.com/disneyquestparty. Tickets may be purchased online or at the DisneyQuest Box Office.
Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk: Dance into the New Year at Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk
- Party Hours: 8 p.m.-2 a.m., ages 21+
- $35 for access to the main floor of the Dance Hall, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight
- $75 for a VIP ticket that adds a private upstairs area with seating; limited viewing for Epcot fireworks with guaranteed seating and coffee, tea or hot chocolate with dessert bar and a premium bar
- More info: 407/WDW-DINE
Special Dining Experiences…
La Hacienda de San Angel at Epcot: La Hacienda de San Angel is offering a special six-course prix-fixe menu and live music starting at 9 p.m. for $199 per person, or $225 with wine and spirits (plus tax and gratuity), $49.95 ages 3 to 9 (Epcot admission required)
- More info: 407/842-1107 or e-mail email@example.com
Bistro de Paris at Epcot: Bistro de Paris is offering a special prix-fixe New Year’s Eve menu for $150 per
person, $225 with wine pairings with each course (Epcot admission required)
California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: California Grill will host a New Year’s Eve party featuring food stations, an open bar, a casino-style game room, DJ, dancing, Disney characters, live entertainment and a great viewing location for the Magic Kingdom fireworks
- $525 per person, all inclusive
- More info: 407/WDW-DINE
- Walt Disney World Adventure Description and Book Trailer (vacationfieldguides.com)
- Tuesday Disney Tips: Disney World Surprises – Even for the Veteran Visitor (theaffordablemouse.com)
- Disney week in review for the week of 12.19.10 (couponingtodisney.com)
The “Lights of Winter” has always been a Disney fan favorite. Unfortunately, after 2008 Disney determined the lights will be no more. The Disney Company said that the technology to operate the display was outmoded so it was abandoned as a holiday display. Rather than a wordy article, I just thought I would share several pictures of the “Lights of Winter” for you to enjoy. I know the 2010 Christmas season is just about over so let’s just call these pictures 2010′s holiday last hurrah! Enjoy!!
I truly hope you enjoyed these photos and that you anticipate that Disney will eventually come up with something even more spectacular in the future. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
Photos By Disney
Hey there guys and gals, Anonymouse here! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and you are looking forward to a New Year. I know I am!
I know one Disney Starlet looking forward to a New Year. She is probably just looking forward to getting out of rehab first. Ok I couldn’t resist.
It seems our 2nd favorite Disney Drama Queen (next to Miley Cyrus of course) Demi Lovato is scheduled to appear in Marvel Next Blockbuster “The Avengers“. There is no word on what role she is going to be playing since production doesn’t really begin till April of 2011.
Either way let’s hope Demi can get her head on right and be able to settle in to acting in a big budget film.
That is all the gossip I have for today. Sorry it was brief but Chip wants me to write just a little something every week so you guys and gals will keep coming back for more.
- Disney to rework Demi Lovato series (chipandco.com)
As I am writing this post, we are within just a few days of our trip to Walt Disney World for New Years, and I honestly think that the next best thing to being at Disney is getting ready to go to Disney. :)
Of course it’s all kind of crazy, trying to wrap up all the details that didn’t get taken care of because, well, we had this little Holiday over the past weekend…..but it’s all still good, because it’s a fun crazy!
Now, I have written in the past about how very busy it is at Disney World during the week between Christmas and New Years, as we have gone during this week in the past. But still, despite the crowds and lines, we’re excited and looking forward to ringing in 2011 in the best place I can think of to start a New Year: the place where dreams and hopes live for so many.
Fortunately, we have been blessed to have visited many times, so if we don’t get to see all the attractions or ride all the rides, its ok. Going to Disney World over the holidays is as much about soaking up the atmosphere as it is about “doing things”. So we’ll go with the flow more during this week than we might at other times of the year, since the irony of being there with crowds is the chance to actually vacation more relaxed. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it?
We do have some “must-sees” though, so these will be our priorities, and we’ll work everything else around them:
- Visit Magic Kingdom on the 30th to see the daily Christmas parade that afternoon
- Do the Candlelight Processional that evening (the last performance of the year)
- Spend New Year’s Eve at Epcot with thousands of our new best friends
- Start the New Year with a breakfast at Cape May Café
- See Holiday Wishes at Magic Kingdom
- See the Osborne Lights
We will also be experiencing a few “new” things that I just booked this morning. It’s a bit of a surprise though, so you’ll have to wait to see what those are, and how we liked them. :)
Which brings me to this: want to follow along virtually with us as we celebrate the New Year at Walt Disney World? I will be posting updates to my Facebook page, and providing Chip with some pictures along the way to share with you. So stay tuned!
Wishing you and yours the happiest and most magical New Year ever!!
Nancy, her husband and college-age daughter live in the Baltimore MD area, but consider Walt Disney World their second “home”. She started her site, The Affordable Mouse, as a way to share ideas about how to plan affordable Disney vacations. She will be posting live updates from her family’s upcoming New Year’s Disney vacation on The Affordable Mouse facebook page.
- Our Evolving Disney World Vacation…and Learning to Adjust (theaffordablemouse.com)
- The Evolution of a Walt Disney World Traveler (chipandco.com)
Here is the Chip and Company Disney Week In Review for Christmas week 2010. We have a lot of News as well as the Views of our amazing group of writers. Let’s start with a bit of a peek at what Disney has in store for us next year.
- Events, Attractions, and More Coming To Disney In 2011 tells us what there is in store for us from each segment of the Disney Company. There is a lot of good stuff here.
- Chris took some big news for all of you super planners about the new Advance Dining Reservation enhancements and broke it down so that it makes sense in Disney World Special Dining Events Can Now Be Booked Online. Thanks Chris that was a big help!!
- Chip gave us a bit of a different view of the Disney Christmas Parade in a special type of video. His article, puts the parade in a whole different perspective. These “Tilt Shift” videos are always fun to watch.
- If you are going to be at Walt Disney World between Christmas and New Year‘s this year or next, take Nancy’s well researched advice and follow these 10 Tips For Surviving The Christmas/New Year’s Holidays at Disney World. You won’t be sorry.
- Lisa had the perfect set of ADR’s for a 10th Anniversary trip to Walt Disney World but, unfortunately, the plans fell through. She shares her disappointment with us in I Had Le Cellier And Now I Don’t. Hang in there Lisa, I’m sure with your tenacity you will get those ADR’s again for an equally important trip.
- Anonymouse, that little dickens, has come up with another one for us. His/her article Disney Confidential: New Toy Story Short “Hawaii” Coming To Pixar’s Cars 2 lets us in on that little secret.
- Brenda has been sharing secrets about the Nine Old Men“, Marc Davis, and his love for chess. See where his fascination for the game shows up when you read Keys To The Kingdom Lesson: Chess Anyone? with us as a result of her Keys To The Kingdom tour. This installment concerns one of the “
- Chip takes a trip to the Dark Side when he shows us the Star Wars Christmas Special…That One Everyone Really Wanted. Enjoy it, it’s a lot of fun.
- I’m sure we have all heard talk about Walt Disney’s apartment but here is a rare video of the apartment plus a virtual tour. Watch it while you have a chance in a
- Debra finished the installment in her “Take Five” series covering Disney’s Animal Kingdom you can read it here in Take Five At Walt Disney World: Disney’s Animal Kingdom and you can view the entire series here.
- Mike tells us about roller coasters in his study of My Favorite Disney World Roller Coasters take a look, you may just be driven to try one you have missed in past visits.
- Leezer gives us some tips on enhancing your Walt Disney World visit by getting the best available seats for some of the bigger attractions. Follow the advice in What Is “The Best Seat In The House” At Walt Disney World and you may be surprised at the result.
- I addressed the main demon I face on each visit to Walt Disney World in Are You A Member Of The Motion Sickness Club? See how I took care of my issue and the options and necessary precautions that may help you.
- We welcomed a new writer, Jennifer, this week. She’s off to a great start with her first article, Disney World Has Made Me a Runner. Welcome Jennifer!
- For those of you who love Disney food there is a new cookbook available. The information is in a
- This one is for the “Pirates” people out there. If I didn’t already own all three movies in both DVD and Blu Ray I would be standing in line for this one. When you read Coming To Bluray – Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy 7-Disc Set I bet you will be ready to stand in line!!
That’s all for this week and all of us at Chip and Company hope that your Christmas holiday was all that you wished for and we wish you the best for 2011. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Hero’s Welcome Awaits Chilean Miners and Their Families at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
- Have you ever really considered how Walt Disney World manages its daily crowds? (orlandosentinel.com)