Tag Archives: New Year
There are many theories on what is the best time of year to visit Walt Disney World, and there are websites and apps and charts and graphs and all kinds of information that can help you determine when the crowds will be the smallest. Even we have touched on it many times.
I know for me, crowds are only one factor in considering when to visit WDW, and here are some things to think about that will help you make the decision of “When Should I Go to Disney World?”
Consider Your Party – If you will be traveling with school age children to Walt Disney World, then timing becomes a huge factor, and you have to decide if it’s worth pulling them out of school to go when WDW Is less busy (like in the early fall or winter months), or do you brave the spring break crowds? Many parents believe it is well worth the lower cost and lesser crowds and do opt to pull children out of school for a WDW vacation, but there are many people who believe the opposite is true, so that’s really a personal choice you and your family have to make for yourselves. If you will be traveling with a large party, or are looking to save a little money, then the value seasons’ will be better for you cost wise, and the Disney Resorts are cheapest during the months of January-Mid February, and the end of August/Early September.
Florida Weather – Orlando weather is not the most predictable thing, and they see their fair share of rain and thunderstorms, especially during the summer months and hurricane season, which can be anytime from May through October. During these months you can expect humid, hot days with afternoon showers, so I recommend you bring along a poncho, and consider some rainy day activities so the rain won’t ruin your day!
Ring in a Happy New Year with Special Dining, Dance Parties and Fireworks Galore at Walt Disney World Resort
New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest fireworks evenings of the year at Walt Disney World Resort, a place where fireworks are both spectacular and an every-night occurrence. Fireworks and nighttime shows will light up the skies and create a mood of celebration at the parks on Dec. 31, 2012, while revelry of other sorts takes place elsewhere throughout the Vacation Kingdom.
Here’s a snapshot of what’s in store:
- At Epcot, guests can dance away 2012 to the beat of the DJs stationed at select pavilions throughout the evening and watch “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” salute the new year at 7 p.m. and 11:42 p.m. A buffet dining experience inspired by Disney’s classic animated films Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 will take place at World ShowPlace facility, with reservations available from 4:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Priced at $68.67 for adults and $44.37 for children. Park admission is required.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios rock in the New Year with resident family of landscapers/rock and roll musicians, Mulch, Sweat, and Shears! “The Mulch, Sweat, and Shears New Years Eve Spectacular” blasts off on a specially built stage in front of Disney’s Hollywood Studios signature Sorcerer Hat icon and includes contemporary rock, funk, and classic rock and roll favorites. The four concert sets will feature pyrotechnics and special effects and lead up to ringing in the New Year with Mulch, Sweat, and Shears playing live accompaniment to a full-scale fireworks spectacular in order to welcome the start of 2013 properly!
- At DisneyQuest, located at Downtown Disney, there is a family friendly cyber celebration from 8 p.m. -1 a.m. Guests are entertained with a DJ Dance Party, character meet and greets, plus unlimited access to games and DisneyQuest attractions including Pirates of the Caribbean, Virtual Jungle Cruise and CyberSpace Mountain. There’s a confetti drop and festive party favors as the clock strikes midnight. Partygoers also get a coupon for a quick service entrée, side and drink. Tickets go on sale soon at 407-934-7639.
- At Cirque du Soleil, located at Downtown Disney, all guests attending the Dec. 31 performances will receive a limited-edition Walt Disney World/Cirque trading pin. Shows are at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. For pricing contact 407/WDW/SEAT
- Disney Cruise Line offers a New Year’s Party complete with music, sparkling wine in commemorative flutes and a midnight countdown to guests sailing on select cruises departing in late December. For booking, call 888-325-2500.
- Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to music and entertainment. At Narcoosee’s restaurant (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa), for instance, there will be a four-course dining experience for $161.85 for adults and $77.19 for children, plus DJ, balloon artist and special fireworks viewing.
- Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort offers a special-ticket New Year’s Eve party from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. with a video DJ and limited viewing of Epcot’s Fireworks.
For specific information about other holiday dining offerings at Disney resort hotels on Dec. 31, call 407/WDW/DINE
- Making a Home at Golden Oak at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
- Ambassadors Chosen to Share Walt Disney World Magic (chipandco.com)
According to ABC News Dick Clark longtime TV Show host and television producer who changed the way we listened to pop music with “American Bandstand,” and whose trademark ABC’s “Rockin’ Eve” became a fixture of New Year’s celebrations, died today at the age of 82 of a massive heart attack.
Clark had been in St. John’s Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. undergoing an outpatient procedure Tuesday night when he suffered the heart attack. The doctors attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
He was loved by all and I know for me personally I grew up watching him every Saturday morning on the Bandstand. Makes you wonder how many lives like mine did he touch over his lifetime?
Rest in Peace Good Sir.
With good wishes for 2012, the Disneyland Resort invites guests to celebrate the Lunar New Year season at Disneyland park from Jan. 20-29. The Happy Lunar New Year Celebration! at Disneyland is a joyous tribute to coincide with the traditional Lunar New Year, and it recognizes time-honored traditions of the season with exciting, live performances, fun activities and special food offerings.
- Guests will enjoy the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration! from 10 am to 5 pm Jan, 20-29 at Small World Mall with special character appearances and family entertainment. Exhilarating live performances will be held Jan. 20-23, Jan. 25 and Jan. 27-29 (weather permitting).
- Lunar New Year is a time when families and friends gather to wish each other good fortune and good health for the coming year. The Happy Lunar New Year Celebration! at Disneyland Resort pays tribute to the time-honored traditions and family celebrations that are observed within the Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures.
- Throughout the day, cultural groups perform in colorful attire along Small World Mall. These may include a Chinese Dragon dance troupe, lion dancers, ribbon wand dancers, Korean drummers, Vietnamese musicians and dancers, and martial artists.
- In Mulan’s Chinese New Year Procession, seen at selected times throughout the day, Mulan and Mushu proceed in colorful costumes to the photo location area. There, guests will greet Mulan and Mushu, along with Chip ‘n’ Dale dressed in festive, Asian-inspired attire.
- Small World Mall is decorated for the celebration with Chinese Zodiac symbols, ornamental lanterns, “Happy Lunar New Year” banners and more.
- Signs explaining the meaning and traditions of various Lunar New Year celebrations are presented in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese.
- The Lunar New Year begins at a different time each year according to the movements of the sun and moon, usually beginning in late January. It’s fitting to have the Disneyland celebration at Small World Mall, where “just one moon and one golden sun” are shared by children from around the globe in the “it’s a small world” attraction.
- A colorful, photo location invites families to pose in front of themed backdrops, which include a variety of Disney characters and family photos. Disney’s PhotoPass Service will be on hand to help guests capture their magical experiences and share their memories.
- Food carts at Small World Mall will serve special treats, including chocolate churros, eggrolls, edamame and almond cookies.
- Southern California residents can join the Happy New Year Celebration! on two different days when they purchase a 2-day ticket for just $99. With the 2-day ticket, guests get their choice of one park per day, making memories with family and friends any two days through June 9, 2012.*
- Disneyland Resort Dining: Fun Facts (chipandco.com)
- Carnation Café Closes for Renovations at Disneyland (chipandco.com)
In celebration of the New Year my writer Melissa from Picturing Disney is sponsoring a sweet giveaway!!! We are giving away a $25 Disney Gift Card to help you recover from the holidays. To enter just use the form below, contest ends Saturday January 7th at midnight.
I will pick one lucky person and notify them via Facebook, Email or Twitter that they won. Then they will have 24 hrs to respond or I will pick another person so please use a valid way for me to contact you.
Special thank you to Melissa for sponsoring our Giveaway. Check out her articles here on Chip and Company!
- $50 Disney Gift Card Giveaway (chipandco.com)