Tag Archives: National Princess Week
Beloved Academy Award-winning actress, singer and bestselling children’s book author Julie Andrews, in collaboration with Target and The Walt Disney Company, introduce the first annual National Princess Week. During this enchanting week-long event, taking place April 22-28, children across the country are invited to celebrate the sparkle and wonder of every princess – real, aspiring or imagined.
“Throughout my career as an actress and author, I’ve encouraged children to use their imaginations and dream big,” said Julie Andrews. “Joining Disney and Target to create National Princess Week is an extension of my work – a moment in time for children to celebrate their individuality and let their inner sparkle shine.”
Throughout National Princess Week, Target will showcase a variety of products designed to engage every princess, including:
- 10th Anniversary release of a very special two-movie collection featuring two modern-day fairy tales, “The Princess Diaries” and “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” – starring Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway, and available for the first time ever on Blu-ray™.
- Target guests will also find Julie Andrews’ “The Very Fairy Princess: Here Comes the Flower Girl!” co-authored with her daughter, Emma Walton Hamilton, and published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. It is the latest publication in their critically-acclaimed No. 1 New York Times best-selling “The Very Fairy Princess” children’s franchise. The book follows a little girl, Geraldine, through her adventures readying for her aunt’s wedding and the magic that happens when she helps others.
- Fans of Disney’s beloved princess characters will find an array of themed merchandise at Target stores and Target.com. Items include Blu-rays, books, toys, bedroom décor, games and more, inspired by Disney’s classic animated films including “Beauty and The Beast,” “The Princess and The Frog,” and “Tangled,”starting at just $5. Guests can view the full selection of products by visiting Target.com/Princess.
“Disney and Julie Andrews have inspired the imaginations of generations of children and families,” said Casey Carl, Target’s senior vice president. “We’re excited to bring that magic to Target guests everywhere and offer them an opportunity to create a princess experience through rereleased Blu-rays, books, toys and other merchandise.”
- Souvenirs: Women’s Vintage Disney Princess Tops (aglassslippervacation.com)
- iPad Review: Disney Princesses A Royal Christmas (chipandco.com)
World renowned actress, singer and best-selling children’s author, Julie Andrews, in collaboration with Target and The Walt Disney Company is announcing the creation and inaugural launch of National Princess Week beginning April 22, 2012.
This unprecedented collaboration highlights Julie Andrews’ longtime dedication to nurturing every child’s unique spirit, as demonstrated throughout her career on stage, screen and through her children’s book endeavors. With the support of Target and Disney, National Princess Week will celebrate the sparkle and imagination of every princess – real, aspiring or imagined.
“So many children fall in love with the whimsical wonder of princesses and all the goodness that they represent,” said Ms. Andrews. “Joining Target and Disney to host this annual event nationally will help us to recognize and celebrate the uniqueness that lies within every child.”
The event coincides with the 10-year anniversary of “The Princess Diaries,” starring Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway, and the special two-movie collection of “The Princess Diaries” and “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” – available for the first time ever on Disney Blu-ray. Target and Target.com will feature an array of Disney Princess merchandise highlighting beloved princess characters such as Ariel, Cinderella and Snow White – from apparel, toys and books, to CDs, movies, personal care items and stationery. The week will also highlight the newest release in the No. 1 New York Times best-selling “The Very Fairy Princess” children’s book franchise, “The Very Fairy Princess Here Comes the Flower Girl!” co-authored by Julie’s daughter and writing partner, Emma Walton Hamilton and published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
“Julie Andrews is an icon for children who love the magic of fairy princesses,” said Casey Carl, Target’s senior vice president, hardlines. “Our first National Princess Week will give Target’s guests a chance to have a ‘princess experience,’ and take home their favorite princesses and accessories.”
Ms. Andrews will be honored with the Prince Rainier III Award for her outstanding contribution to motion picture, television and theater arts during the Princess Grace Awards Gala on November 1 in New York City. The award is presented to eminent artists who have not only been highly successful in their careers, but have made significant humanitarian contributions to their fields. All award recipients receive a $25,000 grant, which will be donated to select charitable organizations benefiting children.
“We are all excited about the existence of a royal tradition, and I hope that Princess Grace would have been pleased to know that there will be a week that celebrates the sparkle in each one of us – and the belief that dreams can come true,” says Ms. Andrews.
- Free Disney Princess Phone Call (chipandco.com)
- Pirate Princess Merchandise Sails in at the Magic Kingdom (chipandco.com)