Tag Archives: Muppet
While most of the rides and shows at Walt Disney World offer detailed, immersive experiences and magical memories, not all Disney attractions are created equal. This is especially true of the park attractions which haven’t really changed after a decade or so of operation.
Now in Disney’s defense, there are a lot of rides and shows to keep up with; and Disney often refurbishes and updates when they can, but there are a few that seem to slip through the cracks which I think Disney could really do a lot with.
5. Ellen’s Universe of Energy-This Epcot Future World attraction has been outdated and a bit of snooze for quite sometime. I think that when Disney guests begin to consider this ride as a prime napping spot when visiting the parks, it’s time for a change. Epcot’s Future World is in need of TLC and renewed creativity; and I say the Universe of Energy would be a great place to start. Maybe they could incorporate some of Walt’s original vision of Epcot into an attraction? What do you think?
The filmmaking team behind 2011’s celebrated film “The Muppets” reunites as Disney’s “The Muppets … Again!” kicked off production last week in London. The all-new global Muppets adventure welcomes Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey to the mayhem, along with Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Walter and rest of the Muppets. The film is directed by James Bobin (“Flight of the Conchords,” “Da Ali G Show”), who was just nominated for a BAFTA for “The Muppets” (Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer), and produced by the Academy Award®-nominated team of David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman (“The Fighter,” “The Proposal”). With a screenplay by Bobin and Nicholas Stoller (“The Five-Year Engagement”), who is also executive producer with John Scotti, “The Muppets … Again!” will feature music from Academy Award®-winning songwriter Bret McKenzie (“Flight of the Conchords”), who won an Oscar® for best original song for “The Muppets” (“Man or Muppet”). The new film will hit the big screen March 21, 2014.
“It’s great to be back working with the Muppets,” said Bobin, “some of them even remember my name occasionally now. As for the movie, it’s a tip of the hat to the old-school crime capers of the ’60s, but featuring a frog, a pig, a bear and a dog—no panthers, even pink ones—along with the usual Muppet-y mix of mayhem, music and laughs.”
Today, The Walt Disney Studios announced release dates and additional information for several upcoming films. In case you missed our post from last month here are the Disney Movies coming to theaters in 2013.
Here’s a closer look.
THE MUPPETS 2 is now dated on 3/21/14.
- MUPPETS 2 is produced by Todd Lieberman and David Hoberman and directed by James Bobin. The screenplay is by Bobin and Nick Stoller, who will also serve as executive producer. The cast includes Ricky Gervais and Ty Burrell – and of course, the whole Muppets gang.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (Marvel) will be available in 3D.
- Releases on 4/4/14.
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER will pick up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” leaves off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world. The film stars Chris Evans in the title role and will be directed by brothers Anthony and Joe Russo.
Here’s another reason to get excited about the new Muppets film. Last week we learned that ‘Modern Family’ star Ty Burrell was set to co-star in the film, playing an Interpol agent in the film, but we weren’t sure how big of a part he’d be playing. But we could possibly have our leading man now, because Ricky Gervais is in talks to star in the film. Not much is known about his character at this time, but he will be the lead human in the film, being our eyes and ears into the crazy world of the Muppets. He’ll be one of the three major human characters in the film, including Burrell as the “lazy Interpol Agent”, as we’ve learned. With two of the three major roles cast in the last two weeks, I’m sure we’ll be hearing who the third actor to take on the role will be fairly shortly.
I’m a huge fan of Gervais, he’s done some amazing work on television and film, and I’m a huge fan of the original version of ‘The Office’, which he starred in and created. He’s a huge fan of the Muppets, so having him come on board makes sense, especially following Jason Segal, who was also a self proclaimed Muppets enthusiast. The thing that makes this kind of funny is that Gervais originally shot a cameo for ‘The Muppets’, which was actually deleted from the film, and you can see on the blu-ray and DVD. I would have loved to have seen left in, just to see him interact more with the Muppets, but now I don’t have to worry about that because I can see him in a whole film acting along side them! There really isn’t a better leading man choice, at least in my eyes, to pick up where Segal left off, and I’m really glad to see Disney going to him. This movie just keeps shaping up to be better and better. ’The Muppets’ sequel is currently untitled and has no release date, but will begin filming next year.
Are you excited to see Ricky Gervais in ‘The Muppets’ sequel? Let me know in the comments below, only here at Chip and Company!
- Ty Burrell Set to Star in ‘The Muppets’ Sequel (chipandco.com)
- Muppet News Flash – Muppets working out details for sequel movie (chipandco.com)
A year ago they were guest hosting Monday Night Raw, and now on December 10th Disney’s The Muppets will make their glorious return to WWE’s flagship show as Social Media Ambassadors. Given their history with some of the WWE Superstars, we’re sure they’ll have plenty to say on the goings on of the WWE Universe. Will Miss Piggy have more words for Vickie Guerrero? Do Statler and Waldorf approve of 3MB? And will Beaker send a message to his cousin Sheamus? Follow them on Twitter and Facebook (see the links below) to find out.
Also, be sure to check out their holiday video “All I Need is Love” — alongside Cee-Lo Green off the new album “Cee-Lo’s Magic Moment” — and the 20th Anniversary Edition of “The Muppet Christmas Carol,” now on DVD and Blu-Ray.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol comes to Blu-Ray and DVD November 6th (chipandco.com)