Tag Archives: monorail
Are you a fan of the Iron Man movies? If so, you’re going to love the new ‘Iron Man 3′ monorail wrappers at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida! The newest monorail wrapper was first seen this weekend at Walt Disney World. Disney fans have even nicknamed the new monorail, the “Iron Man-orail.”
On one side of the monorail, you can see Iron Man flying down the side, who is being played by Robert Downey, Jr. The other side of the monorail displays Col. James “Rhodey” Rhodes, who is being played by Don Cheadle, in a newly redesigned armor resembling the Iron Patriot armor from the Marvel comics. The monorail also features the brand ”Stark Industries” around the pilot’s cabin on the right side of the monorail. In the Iron Man movies, Stark Industries is the company that is owned by Iron Man’s alter ego, Tony Stark.
There are a ton of amazing Walt Disney World Resorts to choose from, so many that Disney had to divide them into categories, with Value Resorts being the cheapest with the smallest rooms and fewest ameneties, and the Moderate Resorts have larger rooms and more on site ameneties, and then there’s the Deluxe Resorts, which are the largest, fanciest Resorts with – you guessed it – the largest price tag too. So why would you pick a Deluxe Resort over WDW’s cheaper Resorts?
Well, here are some reasons:
More Space: The rooms at WDW Deluxe Resorts are biggest and most luxurious on WDW property – some of them are so beautiful that you may never want to leave (which would be ok, because room service and concierge service is also available at several of these resorts). All standard Deluxe rooms come with two queen or 1 king size bed, and ample sink and bathroom space for you and your family to spread out. Plus, there are plenty of different room choices as many Resorts offer Garden or Water views with balconies, and some also have suites available. If you’re traveling with your family, the larger rooms and suite options that the Deluxe Resorts offer would be perfect for you.
The Disneyland Monorail had to be shut down on President’s Day due to a mechanical problem. It appears that a short circuit caused one of the Monorail cars to smoke, which caused the Monorail to be shut down temporarily.
Disney crews shut off power to the Monorail system and towed the Monorail with the issue to drop off passengers and then to their repair shop. Due to the power shut off a second Monorail was stranded on the track. Guests were waiting for about 45 minutes until it was towed to the station so that guests could be dropped off. Guests who were stuck were given fastpasses and free dining vouchers.
I would gladly take that inconvenience for some free fastpasses and dining coupons. How about you?
Tara seems to always be doing something Disney! Whether she is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- Avengers Monorail wrap being removed at WDW (chipandco.com)
- Wheel falls off Disneyland monorail (wdwinfo.com)
- Disneyland monorail temporarily shut down (kfwbam.com)
Hey there guys and gals Anonymouse here. I have been looking high and low for some gossip today and I found a tidbit of new information but I think it will make boys along with Chip sad everywhere.
Walt Disney World has always been known for its monorails. Today however is bad news, superhero fans: Last weekend was your final chance to see the Avengers Monorail. Monorail Red is now in shop to have the wrap removed and will be back in service in its classic look soon.
This is disappointing to hear because we knew many people who loved the look of this monorail specially guys and young boys. We will miss the look of the monorail. Wonder what Disney will come up with for the next decorate monorail. Which Disney Movie from 2013 do you think they will use?
Did you get the chance to see the Avengers Monorail? Did you like it? What are some cool things you would like to see on a new monorail?
Anywho that is all the Disney Gossip I have right now. For my past Gossip articles be sure to check them out here.
- Getting Around Disney – An Overview of Disney World Transportation (chipandco.com)
- How to get to your Advanced Dining Reservations before the parks open (chipandco.com)
Napping in Disney World? Who needs to nap in the most Magical Place on Earth? Well, your infant and toddler might. Ideally a trip back to your room is the best way to get a nap in for a soon to be cranky little one. Especially if they need a 2 hour nap to recharge. Sometimes that is not possible, so here are my Top 5 nap spots in Magic Kingdom. I’ve found these to be great places to put back the stroller and cross our fingers.
In no particular order:
- Tomorrowland-Benches outside Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. I know it sounds crazy, but the noise must act like white noise because I’ve had success here. It’s shaded and the rest of the family can explore the many rides in the area. A trip on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover or Carousel of Progress, might get your little one relaxed prior to placing them down for their nap. There is plenty of space, and amenities like bathrooms and snacks are nearby.
- Tom Sawyer Island-This is also a hidden gem to explore. The boat ride should soothe your little one and by the time you find a quiet bench they will be in Disney Dreamland. If you have older children you can send them along to explore the island with another adult. There are caves, a fort and play areas to keep them busy for a while. The only negative is that while bathrooms are available, snacks are not. So plan ahead.
- Walt Disney World Railroad-This is an idea if your child requires movement to fall asleep. While they can not be in the stroller, if you have sling or carrier they will soon be out. You can ride the railroad as long as you like and although there is noise, it is soothing to the little ones.
- Baby Care Center-Located near Main Street USA and the Crystal Palace the Baby Care Center provides rocking chairs, changing tables and sofas to give infants and their parents a place to wind down. It can be busy and you need to leave your stroller outside. But for a little decompression it’s perfect. The air conditioning is a bonus!
- Liberty Square-Check the parade and meet and greet schedules before you commit to this area. There are a ton of nooks to park with your stroller. Again, shade is helpful here. There are quiet spots near the Christmas Shoppe and entrance to Adventureland as you pass The Crystal Palace.