Tag Archives: Mad Tea Party
- Now – Feb. 14, 2013: Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment.
- Now – Feb. 14, 2013: Mad Tea Party will be closed for refurbishment.
- Now – Feb. 14, 2013: Fantasmic! will not be presented.
- Now – Feb. 14, 18-21, 25-28, 2013: Big Thunder Trail will be closed for refurbishment. Big Thunder Ranch Complex will be closed as well.
- Now – Feb. 28, 2013: it’s a small world will be closed for refurbishment.
- Now – March 28, 2013: Mark Twain Riverboat will be closed for refurbishment.
I won’t lie – I am a big wuss when it comes to intense rides. However, I have been on all but one of the rides listed below at Walt Disney World and, although they are rather enjoyable, they are top contenders for triggering motion sickness.
Themed around the infamous Yeti who is hiding in and around a forbidden mountain that it protects, Expedition Everest is located in the Animal Kingdom, located in the section of Asia. A favorite of thrill-seekers everywhere, it features train cars that ride both forwards and backwards. Combining these elements unexpected high speeds and entrances into total darkness at specific intervals during the ride can result in a rather unpleasant experience.
Known as one of the classic rides in the Magic Kingdom, the Mad Tea Party can be an unexpected ride to cause stomach upset. It really depends on who you share your ride experience with. The ride features teacups from the animation film, Alice in Wonderland. Guests sit in the teacups, which spin leisurely with the ride. However, in the center of the teacup is a wheel that can be turned to make the cup spin faster. Therefore, if you are prone to dizziness and wish to experience the Mad Tea Party, make sure you ride with someone you trust not to spin it too fast.
Here is this months Refurbishment and Closure Schedule for Walt Disney World for January 2013 and beyond. Refurbishment/closure information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available at the Disney World Website.
- Grand Floridian Spa (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 12/16/12 due to construction at the resort. The Grand Floridian Fitness Center remains open and guests may use The Spa at Saratoga Springs Resort.
- Gasparilla Grill and Games (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 12/17/12. An extended menu will be available at the Beach Pool Bar and pre-packaged food will be available at Mizner’s Lounge.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed through 1/5/13 for annual refurbishment.
- Ivy Trellis Beauty and Barber Shop (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through mid-February 2013 for refurbishment.
- Epcot Character Spot (Epcot) closed through mid-February 2013. A temporary location will be available near the Fountain View Ice Cream shop where you can see Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Goofy is appearing at Epcot’s main entrance, near Spaceship Earth.
- Courtyard Pool (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through February 2013 for refurbishment. A zero-entry slope will be added. The Beach Pool and Slide will remain open.
If your heading to Disneyland soon be sure to check out the Refurbishment/Closure list below. Refurbishment information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available on the Disneyland website.
- Troubadour Tavern (Disneyland) closed through 5/22/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Trail & Ranch Complex (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/10/13, 1/14/13-1/17/13, 1/21/13-1/24/13, 1/28/13-1/31/13, 2/4/13-2/7/13, 2/11/13-2/14/13, 2/18/13-2/21/13 and 2/25/13-2/28/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/17/13 for refurbishment.
- Haunted Mansion (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/17/13 to remove holiday overlay.
- Primeval World (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/24/13 for refurbishment.
- Tom Sawyer’s Island Cider Mill (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-2/4/13, 4/8/13-4/11/13, 4/19/13-5/2/13, 5/6/13-5/9/13, 5/13/13-5/16/13 and 5/20/13-5/23/13 for refurbishment.
- Fantasmic! (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-2/14/13 for refurbishment.