Walt Disney World Resort will open the doors to its newest resort hotel with Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, a value property consisting primarily of family suites that immerse guests into the magical worlds of classic Disney and Disney•Pixar films. The Finding Nemo wings of the resort will open May 31; Cars will open June 18, and The Lion King will open August 10. The value rooms at The Little Mermaid wings will open on September 15.
Here are some fun facts about the Art of Animation Resort at Walt Disney World.
- More than 800 construction jobs were created, and at full operation it will create 750 resort hotel jobs
- The Nemo pool has 310,000 gallons and is the largest pool on Disney property, not counting water parks
- If you combined all the swimming pools, you could park 125 cars inside the pools
- Its 27 acres of landscaping and irrigation is the equivalent of twenty football fields.
- With 227,000 lineal feet of carpet could stretch from downtown Orlando to Kennedy Space Center.
- There are over 529,000 square feet of ceramic tiles on the project, enough to cover a standard two-lane road four miles long
- If you stacked up all the doors at the resort, they would be as tall as the Empire State Building
- There’s enough metal railing to wrap around the new Amway Center eight times
- The project used 23,000 gallons of paint, which is enough to fill a typical backyard swimming pool
- There are over 2,300 parking spaces within the project, which is approximately the number of players in the NFL
- Opening Dates for Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (chipandco.com)
- All New Disney’s Art Of Animation Resort Details (chipandco.com)