Tag Archives: Laura Marano
DISNEY CHANNEL ORDERS THIRD SEASON OF “AUSTIN & ALLY”
Disney Channel has ordered a third season of “Austin & Ally,” TV’s #1 comedy series in Kids 2-11, it was announced today by Adam Bonnett, Senior Vice President, Original Programming, Disney Channels Worldwide. The series stars Ross Lynch, Laura Marano, Raini Rodriguez and Calum Worthy. Production resumes in Los Angeles in July, with Season Three scheduled to premiere in October 2013.
Bonnett said: “‘Austin & Ally’ continues to hit high notes with kids and families, and the new season promises excitement for ‘Auslly’ fans as Austin’s music career kicks into full gear and Ally’s begins to take flight. This ensemble cast — Ross Lynch, Laura Marano, Raini Rodriguez and Calum Worthy — has incredible comedic chemistry and charm that continues to win audiences over.”
A fan favorite, “Austin & Ally” follows the adventures of an improbable pair — a singer and a songwriter, and their two best friends — trying to achieve their dreams. Austin, now making his mark as an upcoming pop star, must rely on the songwriting expertise of Ally, who is fast becoming a bona fide performer in her own right.
Stay tuned for more Austin & Ally
- Disney Channel and Disney XD show some heart (chipandco.com)
- Disney Channel jumps onto Cloud 9 (chipandco.com)
Radio Disney and Disney Channel audiences have voted, and teen pop singing sisters and actresses Chloe and Halle Bailey from Atlanta, Georgia have been named the season five winners of Radio Disney’s “N.B.T.” (Next BIG Thing). The announcement was made by Radio Disney on-air personality Jake Whetter during Saturday evening’s “N.B.T.” finale in Los Angeles, an event which included performances and special guest appearances by Hollywood Records recording artist and 2010 “N.B.T.” finalist Coco Jones, 2011 “N.B.T.” winner Shealeigh, and stars of the hit Disney Channel series “Austin & Ally” — Laura Marano and Ross Lynch – along with his band R5. Highlights from the event will air during the Disney Channel premiere of “Disney’s A Christmas Carol,” FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT). As winners of Radio Disney’s “N.B.T.,” Chloe and Halle will record a new single to be released by Disney Music Group, and performed on an upcoming episode of “Austin & Ally.”
Kelly Edwards, Executive Director of Music and Programming, Radio Disney said, “Chloe and Halle deliver vocal and instrumental harmonies that are captivating. Their musical talents coupled with their bright and relatable personalities won the hearts of our audience and we’re thrilled to have them as this season’s winner.”
Chloe and Halle, ages 14 and 12 respectively, are also songwriters and play their own instruments, with Chloe on piano and Halle on guitar. The YouTube sensations have been highlighted by RollingStone.com and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.” They appeared in the Disney Channel Original Movie “Let It Shine,” “Joyful Noise,” “The Fighting Temptations,” and Tyler Perry’s “Meet the Browns.” Their featured songs on “N.B.T.” were “T.M.I.” and “Take It All.”
There is a limited signing experience that day for guests who purchase the “Austin & Ally” CD. For more details on this click here.
- Disney Channel hit comedy series ‘Austin & Ally’ season two auditions (castingnotices.wordpress.com)
- ‘Austin and Ally’ First Look: Meet Austin’s Parents and Doctor Dez (EXCLUSIVE PHOTO) (celebuzz.com)
Opposites rock in “Austin & Ally,” a new comedy series about an unlikely friendship, singing, songwriting and the adventures of trying to achieve one’s dreams, premiering SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. The series follows polar opposites – an extroverted musician/singer, and a brilliant yet shy songwriter – who combine their talents in an attempt to create a true musical tour-de-force. Starring are newcomer Ross Lynch as Austin, Laura Marano (“Without a Trace,” “Back to You”) as Ally, Raini Rodriguez (Disney’s “Prom,” “I’m in the Band”) as Trish and Calum Worthy (“Psych,” “Good Luck Charlie”) as Dez. Prior to the premiere of “Austin & Ally,” music sensation Justin Bieber performs “Mistletoe” from his upcoming holiday album, in an all-new episode of the hit series “So Random!”
In the premiere episode, Austin is eager to release another music video, so he puts the pressure on Ally to quickly finish the lyrics. However, in her haste to complete the song, she scribbles down the lyrics in illegible handwriting, prompting Dez and Trish – who are collecting props for the music video – to gather some strange items which they think correspond to Ally’s lyrics. When the odd collection of musical props and items begins arriving, they piece together the handwriting debacle and quickly work together to resolve the mix-up.
The multi-platform schedule is as follows:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11
- DisneyChannel.com will launch the “Austin & Ally” super site featuring new videos, games and activities including “Rocking Out” posters, which fans can create to help showcase a surprise concert the gang is planning.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22
- Free download of “Austin & Ally” preview episode available on iTunes.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25
- Preview episode of “Austin & Ally” available via Disney Channel On Demand, a video-on-demand service available to a variety of major affiliates including AT&T, Cablevision, Time Warner and Verizon customers.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2
- Disney Channel preview of “Austin & Ally” with simulcast on Sprint TV and MobiTV (9:30 p.m., ET/PT), immediately following the Disney Channel Original Movie premiere of “Good Luck Charlie, It’s Christmas.” In the pilot episode, unbeknownst to Ally, Austin and Dez “borrow” one of her songs, record it, create a video and post it on the internet, after which it and Austin become an overnight sensation. When Trish convinces Ally to tell the world she wrote the song, Austin pleads with her to write another hit for him.
- Kids and families can tour the Sonic Boom lounge, create music tracks of their own and learn more about the show and characters at DisneyChannel.com.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
- Preview episode of “Austin & Ally” available on DisneyChannel.com, Mobile VOD (AT&T, Sprint and Verizon) and Microsoft Xbox.
- Premiere episode of “Austin & Ally” available via Disney Channel On Demand, a video-on-demand service available to a variety of major affiliates including AT&T, Cablevision, Time Warner and Verizon customers.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4
- All-new episode of “So Random!” on Disney Channel starring global music sensation, Justin Bieber (7:30-8:00 p.m., ET/PT).
- Disney Channel premiere of “Austin & Ally” (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) with simulcast on Sprint TV and MobiTV.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 5
- Premiere episode of “Austin & Ally” available on DisneyChannel.com, iTunes, Mobile VOD (AT&T, Sprint and Verizon) and Microsoft Xbox.
“Austin & Ally” was created and is executive-produced by Kevin Kopelow and Heath Seifert (“Good Burger,” “Kenan & Kel,” Disney Channel’s “Sonny With A Chance” and “JONAS”). The pilot was directed by Shelley Jensen (“Good Luck Charlie,” “Shake It Up”). The series is a production of It’s A Laugh Productions, Inc. It carries a TV-G parental guideline.
- Good Luck Charlie: ‘It’s Christmas’ A Disney Channel Original Movie Premieres Friday, December 2 (chipandco.com)
- Disney Channel Announces Start Of Production On New Live-Action Comedy Series – Austin & Ally (chipandco.com)
The Disney Channel has decided not to renew the fourth season of “Imagination Movers,” the television show that features the New Orleans-based group of the same name.
Still, the Imagination Movers likely will remain a presence on the Disney Channel indefinitely. Their show is a staple of Disney’s “Playhouse Disney” morning programming block. Over three seasons, the group shot 75 episodes and many of the unaired shows from the third season will be broadcast in the coming months.
So Movers it is a sad day. Tell us what you think in the comment box below.