Tag Archives: Kingdom
Walking around Magic Kingdom you start wondering about all the “behind the scenes” areas and you want to know what really goes on behind the scenes of the most iconic park at Walt Disney World. Well most of the questions can be answered with Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour, an in-depth 5 hour walking tour of the Magic Kingdom.
Magic Kingdom to the Max
Unlock the fascinating history of Magic Kingdom park and gain backstage access to legendary hidden areas.
This 5-hour walking tour explores the creation and remarkable growth of one of the most beloved parks at Walt Disney World Resort. Explore secret locations you’ve always wondered about and get the inside scoop on some of your favorite attractions. During your tour:
Have you ever thought about the ridiculous things we do to our kids? We really do some strange things! We take cranky kids into department stores, expecting them to be able to make it through a four-hour shopping spree. Then we get frustrated when we have to scoot out of crowds, carrying a child who is literally falling apart with a temper tantrum. We dress our kids up at the Disney Parks, wait in long lines for Rides, and force them to do Meet & Greets with Disney Characters. Can you imagine what our kids are thinking? How confusing, their entire lives have been filled with warnings about strangers…we wonder why they cry.
We do all kinds of “stuff” (with good intentions) that only leads to stress, for both our kids and ourselves. While I don’t have children of my own, being a kindergarten teacher has forced me to think from the perspective of both a child and an adult. So, what am I getting at? How does this relate to Disney World? Well my friends, I have learned a lot from watching and working with kids! Today I am going to share 3 practical tips to help you and your little one get things “in line” before you are waiting in a line.
Avoid temper tantrums meltdowns, and line drama by utilizing these tips!
#1 Have a plan
Having a plan really helps both the parent and the child. You don’t have to have every single second mapped out, but it is important that everyone has a general idea of the days adventures. Talking together about rides you want to check out or avoid is HUGE. Picking up a park map to discuss the ride selection is a great way to prepare your child. I know that many kids think that when you are at Disney World it means that you can ride whatever ride you want, when you want, no matter what. Parents and children run into problems when children want to ride a ride that isn’t in the current park you are visiting For example, if you child really likes the Magic Carpet’s of Aladdin but you are in Animal Kingdom, it is impossible to just “hop on” and ride. Take time to talk about what park you are visiting and come up with similar rides. For example, in the Animal Kingdom and your child is begging for the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, a similar ride is the Triceratop Spin. Using words like “first” and “then” help in my classroom. It is important that kids know they will get a turn, but sometimes that turn isn’t going to happen right now. Making a plan and that includes your child is a great way to avoid a mid-line meltdown.
Here is this months Refurbishment and Closure Schedule for Walt Disney World for January 2013 and beyond. Refurbishment/closure information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available at the Disney World Website.
- Grand Floridian Spa (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 12/16/12 due to construction at the resort. The Grand Floridian Fitness Center remains open and guests may use The Spa at Saratoga Springs Resort.
- Gasparilla Grill and Games (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 12/17/12. An extended menu will be available at the Beach Pool Bar and pre-packaged food will be available at Mizner’s Lounge.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed through 1/5/13 for annual refurbishment.
- Ivy Trellis Beauty and Barber Shop (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through mid-February 2013 for refurbishment.
- Epcot Character Spot (Epcot) closed through mid-February 2013. A temporary location will be available near the Fountain View Ice Cream shop where you can see Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Goofy is appearing at Epcot’s main entrance, near Spaceship Earth.
- Courtyard Pool (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through February 2013 for refurbishment. A zero-entry slope will be added. The Beach Pool and Slide will remain open.
Here is the Refurb and Closure Schedule for Walt Disney World for December 2012 and beyond. Refurbishment/closure information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available at the Disney World Website.
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure (Hollywood Studios) closed through 11/16/12 for refurbishment.
- Studio Backlot Tour (Hollywood Studios) closed through 11/16/12 for refurbishment.
- American Film Institute Showcase (Hollywood Studios) closed through 11/16/12 for refurbishment.
- Ship Shape Health Club and Periwig Beauty & Barber Shop (Yacht & Beach Club) closed through 11/16/12. Guests may use the temporary health club in the Solarium at the Beach Club or the BoardWalk health club.
- Osprey Ridge Golf Course closed through 11/18/12 for refurbishment.
- Mouseketeer Club (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through November 2012.
- Test Track (Epcot) closed through 12/5/12 for transformation to the Chevrolet Design Center.
- Bistro de Paris (Epcot) closed through 12/11/12 for refurbishment.
- Courtyard Pool (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through late December 2012 for refurbishment. A zero-entry slope will be added. The Beach Pool and Slide will remain open.
Hey there guys and gals, guess who? It’s me, your answer to all that is Disney gossip… Anonymouse. I am here today bringing you some news from Animal Kingdom, home of
Chimp, I mean Chip, that’s right Chip…I swear that is what I meant. Anywho – starting October 1st and expected to run through November 30th, for a trial period, is the addition of Animal Guides in Animal Kingdom.
The guides will give additional information to guests as you move through the park about most of the animals that you can find in Animal Kingdom and it is too soon to tell but there may be a special guide for the day that Chip visits…who knows!
There will also be paper guides that you can take a long with you located at the tip board, the main entrance and Mombasa Marketplace.
The new guide services are complimentary to all guests and hopefully will make your visits to Animal Kingdom more interesting and informative.
Anywho that is all the Disney Gossip I have right now. For my past Gossip articles be sure to check them out here.
- Disney Confidential – Alcohol to be served in the Magic Kingdom (chipandco.com)
- Disney Confidential – Is Cars Land coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios? (chipandco.com)
- Disney Confidential – Lockers and Show Changes in the Animal Kingdom (chipandco.com)