There is so much more to see and do at Walt Disney World than just four theme parks and the downtown area. We will be exploring all the “extra perks” that they have offer including tours, behinds the scenes and special little events throughout the year. Join us as we start with Animal Kingdom.
Are you Wild About Wildlife?
Have you spent time in Disney’s Animal Kingdom park and seen the staggering amount of animals that call it home? It’s home to more than 1,500 animals that represent 250 species to be exact, and it quite a feat to make sure they are all happy, healthy and thriving. Did you know there is a behind the scenes tour that gives an all new perspectives to the unique challenges involved with keeping that many animals?
The Backstage Safari
You start with an eye-opening tour of the facilities where the animals are cared for, then end with an exhilarating safari.
- Visit the Animal Nutrition Center and see how over 3 tons of food are prepared and distributed each day.
- Explore various backstage animal-housing areas, which may include elephant, giraffe and white rhino enclosures.
- Meet the animal keepers and get the backstory on the animals.
- Tour the state-of-the-art veterinary hospital, where you may even witness animals being treated.
- Stop by the Animal Programs Administration and learn how Disney promotes global wildlife conservation and animal well-being.
At the end of your tour, enjoy light refreshments and a keepsake.
A portion of the tour proceeds is donated to the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund.