Tag Archives: Jack Black
Who better to represent Rapunzel than Taylor Swift, who actually has the long golden hair…maybe not this long, but close! This is one of the continuing series portraits of the Disney Dream Series by Annie Leibovitz. Legendary photographer Annie Leibovitz has been creating portraits of celebrities as Disney characters for the past year, think Russell Brand as Captain Hook or Jack Black, Will Ferrell and Jason Segel star as Phineas, Ezra and Gus, you may know them as the Hitchhiking Ghosts.
The latest in the Disney Dream series with Taylor Swift is one of the most romantic and dreamy of the series don’t you think? If you want to see this in print check out upcoming issues of Vanity Fair, InStyle and People.
- 2 Stranded People are Rescued by the Disney Dream (chipandco.com)
- Use a Disney Visa Rewards Card to save for your next Disney Vacation (chipandco.com)
Famed photographer Annie Leibovitz released her latest Disney theme park ad campaign photos for her Disney Dream Portrait Series this week that includes British comedian Russell Brand as Peter Pan’s nemesis Captain Hook.
During an interview for Us Weekly, Brand said he can relate to the personality of Captain Hook.
“There are similarities between me and Captain Hook in that I am an Eton-educated, piratical buccaneer living on the high seas stealing and robbing and loathing the perpetual innocence and childhood of Pan,” Brand said. “Peter Pan! Oh, how I hate him!”
Welcome to the Chip and Company DisneyWeek In Review. There is a lot of news this week! Additionally, all of our outstanding writers have been sharing their views, so we’ll touch on a few of those at the end of our segment. But let’s get on to the news!
- The first thing on the minds of all of the Chip & Company writers, and likely the entire Disney family, is the devastating earthquake and tsunami that occurred in Japan. Here is an update on what is being done for those in need. Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to those affected.
- Did you hear about Jack Black sending a High School band to Disneyland, on his tab? Our writer Jenn did, and you can read all about it here! By the way, thanks Jenn for choosing one of my photos for your story! I was so excited when I saw it there!
- In another sad news event, Disney lost one of it’s own when cast member Russell Sherry Roscoe passed away after being hurt in an accident on the Primeval Whirl, which was closed for refurbishment at the time. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Russell’s family, and the entire Disney family for their loss.
- In the “What’s on TV” category, Chip tells us about the new ABC Family Summer Lineup. Take a look, and see if there is something that you want to see this summer!
- If you have little people in your house, then you probably already know about Disney Junior! But did you hear about the guest stars that are going to be on “Special Agent Oso“? If not, go take a look, because there are some BIG NAMES!
- Disney is going to give away a special screening of their upcoming movie “Prom” in April. The contest closed on March 15th, so I hope you entered if you were interested! Good luck!
- Do you have an iPad? If so, take a look at the Disney Family Fun app that was developed for the iPad! As they say, “There’s an app for that!”
- Did you hear about “Newsies” hitting the stage in September? If not, you can read about it here!
- The things that Blu-Ray can do. It seems that the list keeps getting longer and longer, and now, there’s Disney’s Second Screen!
Now how about some views? This week we had a special segment, “The Magic behind the ‘Company’ – Getting to know” series. If you haven’t been able to read about our writers, please take the time. You’ll be able to get more insight on what makes us such Disney fanatics!
- Melissa wrote a great piece on the Hollywood Brown Derby over at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I hope you enjoy the article, and the food!
- My friend Ken wrote a great piece in continuing his “Best Things I Love About Disney” series — The Pirates of the Caribbean!
- Lastly, Brenda continues her series “Wednesday with Walt” by taking a look at Fantasia in her piece, Music in Motion.
I hope that you have enjoyed this week’s recap of the news and views around Disney as seen through the eyes of Chip & Company! As always, please feel free to comment on what you see here, we love to hear what you have to say! Until next week, remember what my friend Ken always says, “Enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!”
As a former high school marching band
geek kid who actually marched down Main Street U.S.A. during the SpectroMagic Parade, I found this story incredibly amazing and needed to share. The story was originally found on TMZ
Jack Black just dropped more than $10,000 so a group of music students could travel to Disneyland to perform in a parade tomorrow … TMZ has learned.
The whole thing came to fruition thanks to Jack’s mom — who lives in Tonasket, Washington and is a HUGE supporter of the local music programs.
We’re told the band — made up of local high school and middle school students — entered a Disneyland contest and were selected to perform at the Magic Kingdom … but there was a catch — they had to pay for their own travel expenses.
We’re told the community was rallying to raise the cash — when Jack caught wind and came through with a MONSTER donation.
The band arrived in L.A. yesterday after a two-day bus trip and will perform in the Town Square parade this afternoon. After that, we’re told the kids will all have dinner with their famous benefactor.
“And we shall teach rock ‘n’ roll to the world.”
And, as TMZ reported, Jack Black showed up at Disneyland not only for a dinner, but to cheer them on during their parade!**
Story originally posted on TMZ.com