Tag Archives: House of Blues
The wonderful thing about Disney food is there are so many places and new dishes to try that list are ever changing and if you’re a Disney Foodie then that is a good thing! So lets wrap this up with a bang and with that I say… Dinner is Served
Now this can be a debate that can go on forever, there are peoples favorite places that they love and others that well lets just say they wouldn’t be running back to!
Whatever the case these are my picks for Disney Foodie Dinner Favorites in WDW so lets see how they compare to your list Most times dinner will be your bigger meal of the day, most times… So that is the premise with these choices I’m going to take.
COSMIC RAYS in the Magic Kingdom is my pick for Counter Service Dinner here! Big portions and big taste is a winning combo! My favorite here is the 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken - with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable its always juicy and flavor filled! Burgers, Chicken Sandwiches and more are the favorites here and that’s a big plus for here, something for everyone! Plus you can have dinner and a show with ”Sonny Eclipse,” the animatronic lounge singer.
Now my choice for Table Service here in the Magic Kingdom was a toss up, I think that everyone at least once needs to eat in Cinderellas Castle just because well its Cinderellas Castle that said this is all about the food and just the food so with I am going with the CRYSTAL PALACE!! Salads, pasta, meats and sides all tasty with a more than a few stand outs. My favorite here is the Prime Rib and the Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes! Oh how I love those potato’s Buffets aren’t everyone’s cup of tea and you do dine here with Winnie and friends but I’ve always had a hot, fresh and tasty meal here!
For those of you who think Walt Disney World is “just for kids”, thank again! There is plenty to do for adults too, including:
- Water sports: You can go water skiing, jet-skiing, rent a boat (motorboats, or pedal boats and canoes for the more physically inclined), and even go para-sailing at several WDW resorts
- Sample some world-class cuisine: WDW has become very famous for it’s food, from delicious pastries and baked goods to 5 star cuisine and foods from all over the world, it truly is a dining experience like no other (It’s not just burgers and fries like you might expect at a theme park, although if you really want a burger, they have some super delicious ones!)
- Go on a “Beer Tour” around Epcot: The Epcot World Showcase features countries and their cultures, traditions, foods, and drinks. Each country serves ‘adult beverages’ you would find if you were actually visiting that country, and going from place to place sampling the native drinks is a great way to spend an afternoon. Or try our Disney Around the World Showcase Challenge.
- Nightlife: Catch some live music at the House of Blues, take in La Nouba (Disney’s exclusive Cirque Du Soleil show), or just stroll along the paths of Downtown Disney at night.
Festival of the Masters presented by Michaels returns to Downtown Disney Nov. 9-11, 2012 for its 37th year. The prestigious open-air fine arts festival features nearly 150 award-winning artists, sidewalk chalk art, limited-edition fine art, photography, sculpture, jewelry, glass art, Disney collectibles, live music and more. The event takes place from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
Art from an array of Disney artists also will be on display and available for purchase. The Disney Artist Village tent at Pleasure Island will feature Disney character art created by masters from various Disney disciplines, including Walt Disney Imagineering, the creative design and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. At the Art of Disney, artist Dave Avanzino will create art pieces using prop-like elements and fonts based on signs and attractions found around Disney theme parks. Both locations will feature artist appearances throughout the weekend.
For the first time ever, the event will feature an Emerging Masters area, where more than 30 juried up-and-coming artists will showcase works and compete for awards. Guests also can become part of the festival with interactive fun. Various activities presented by Michaels will be available, including “Make It Take It” crafts, a do-it-yourself fashion show, and the “Michaels Master Mural” where guests can help create a mosaic-like mural.
Other activities will include complimentary face painting and live entertainment by performers from La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil, a chance to construct an 8-foot tall LEGO Hulk figure, domino games at Fuego by Sosa Cigars, live music at various venues, such as House of Blues and Bongos Cuban Café, and more. Admission and self-parking are complimentary at Downtown Disney.
For more information about Festival of the Masters, including exhibit times and other activities, please visit DisneyFestivaloftheMasters.com.
- Festival of the Masters takes place November 9, 2012 – November 11, 2012 at Downtown Disney (pics.chipandco.com)
- “Phineas and Ferb & You” Debuts at Downtown Disney (pics.chipandco.com)
On Monday, March 5, House of Blues Anaheim at the Downtown Disney District will commemorate the 30th anniversary of the passing of John “Joliet Jake” Belushi with a viewing party of the special memorial concert, “The Official Blues Brothers Revue Live” from The Rialto Square Theater in Joliet, Ill. The viewing party is free for all House of Blues Anaheim restaurant guests.
“The Official Blues Brothers Revue Live,” presented by Dan Aykroyd and Judith Belushi, will feature special original Blues Brothers band guests Paul Shaffer, Tom “Bones” Malone, “Blue” Lou Marini, Matt “Guitar” Murphy and Otis Day (“Animal House”), and will be hosted by Father Guido Sarducci.
If you can’t make it to the viewing party at House of Blues Anaheim on March 5, the event will be webcast live on Facebook! Just go to the “Blues Brothers Live” tab on the House of Blues Anaheim Facebook page to RSVP for this once-in-a-lifetime event. The live broadcast will be available for $5 via Facebook Credits, PayPal or credit card. All proceeds from the webcast will benefit International House of Blues Foundation.
- BLINK by Wet Seal Opens Newest Store Located in Downtown Disney West Side (chipandco.com)
- Earl of Sandwich Joins Downtown Disney District (chipandco.com)
Welcome back to another edition of the Chip & Company Week in Review! Let’s take a look at some of the great Disney news that you might have missed:
- Starting us off, are you an Annual Passholder? If so, you might be interested in these special Annual Passholder hotel rates for dates between October and December 2011.
- With the Disney Dream being everyone’s prime Disney Cruise Ship, it’s really easy to forget that the Disney Fantasy is being built! Here is a post on how that build is going.
- One thing that I really want to do one day is take an Adventures by Disney trip. Word is out that they are adding some new privately guided itineraries for 2012.
- Did you see that the contestants for the next Miss America Pageant were at Walt Disney World?
- The Disney World event calendar is out for September and October. Are there any events that you are going to be at?
- Anonymouse came to us with a rumor that all value resort rooms are going to include a refrigerator in the room. This is a rumor, though, and isn’t confirmed yet.
- Did you hear about the new “Crossroads at the House of Blues” restaurant at Downtown Disney? The photos of the food look great, so check it out if you are down there.
- Did you read about the Disney Dream Mouse Chat/Chip & Company fan cruise in September 2012? Who’s going to join us?
- Are you a fan of The Rocketeer? If so, get ready, because the 20th Anniversary edition of the movie will be released on Blu-Ray December 13th!
- One thing that some of you might find interesting is that you can now plan Fairy Tale Disney Weddings and Honeymoons on the Disney Cruise Line!
That’s our look at some of the news stories from last week, now let’s take a look at some of the incredible original articles that our writers produce each and every day! Enjoy!
- Did you see Melissa’s open letter that answers the question, “Why do you keep going back to Disney?”
- One of our new writers, Jackie, wrote her first post for C&C this week! In it, she takes a look at her top five tips for Moms at Walt Disney World. Welcome Jackie!
- Our other new writer Catie also gave us her list of 10 tips to do on rainy days! Welcome Catie!
- On a personal note, I wanted to take a moment and wish my Mom a very Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday Mom, I love you! This hasn’t been the best week for my family. My Grandfather recently passed away, so we have been down this week. However, we know that he is in a much better place, and we’ll always have our loving memories of him.
That’s all we have for you this week. I hope you have a terrific week, and remember to check out Chip & Company often for the latest in Disney News, Views, Giveaways, and more! Also, to keep up with the latest Disney news and views on the fly, check out the Chip & Company Facebook Page or follow Chip & Company via Twitter!
- The Chip And Company Disney Week In Review For September 5th (chipandco.com)