Tag Archives: Hotels & Resorts
There couldn’t be a better occasion to share a sneak peek at the new Disney’s Art of Animation Resort than today, Walt Disney’s birthday.
Walt was a pioneer in the art form of hand-drawn animation, and continually experimented with new technology and storytelling mediums (like television) that would give him new ways to bring stories and characters to life.
Walt Disney Imagineers will continue this tradition in 2012 with the debut of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which will allow guests to immerse themselves in one of four beloved animated films by staying (and playing) in resort buildings themed after family favorites – including one inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo.”
In this video clip, provided by Walt Disney Imagineering, Imagineer Ryan Parrish offers the first sneak peek inside the resort, as well as a look at the three large character icons featured in the “Finding Nemo” courtyard.
To read more about Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, check out the posts below:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Will Open in Phases Starting May 31
- First Look: Family Suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Topping Out Ceremony Held at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Source Disney Parks Blog
- Topping Out Ceremony Held at the New Disney Art of Animation Resort (chipandco.com)
- Happy Birthday, Walt Disney! (chipandco.com)
For a limited time, guests booking new resort stays at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can save up to 30% at select resorts. In case you’ve never stayed at a Disney resort before, doing so offers complimentary transportation all over Walt Disney World Resort property and much more
To get this offer, you must book by Jan. 22, 2012, for vacations taking place between Feb. 21-March 31, 2012. Guests who wish to stay between the dates of April 13-June 14, 2012, must book by Feb. 28, 2012.
Contact our good friends at Pixie Vacations for more info.
- Wayne Brady, Seth Rogen and Maria Bello Enjoy a Walt Disney World Holiday Weekend (chipandco.com)
- Stitch gets his own Gingerbread House at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
Hey Disneyland Resort fans – an interesting opportunity has come across my desk, and I wanted to share it with you. It is a limited-capacity event that combines some rare Disney Parks experiences, and is unlike anything we’ve ever offered – especially here on the Disney Parks Blog. Take a look below.
Disneyland Candlelight Experience
December 4–5, 2011, $1,250* per person based on double occupancy, includes:
- One-night stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011; valet parking for one vehicle included.
- An evening of holiday elegance beginning with a private reception and dinner at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- Reserved seating for the 8 p.m. performance of Candlelight on December 4.
- Exclusive 2011 Candlelight mementos.
- A sunrise breakfast at The Plaza Inn, one of Walt Disney’s favorite dining locations, on his 110th birthday, December 5. Breakfast will be followed by a pre-opening walk through Disneyland park.
- A visit to several locations in the park with Disney Legends and Creative Staff as they share their stories about Walt Disney, Disneyland park and the magic of the holiday season. Guest speakers currently scheduled include Dave Smith, Bob Gurr, Marty Sklar, Tony Baxter, and David Caranci. Speakers are subject to change.
- A visit to Walt Disney’s private apartment above the firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Reserved viewing of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade.
- Theme park entrance for both days.
To reserve this special opportunity, call 866-309-9683. Full payment is required at time of booking, and bookings must be made by November 25, 2011. You must be at least 18 years old to RSVP for this event, but your guests may be younger. Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
*Package rate shown is based on double occupancy and standard accommodations. Single occupancy, standard room rate is $1,500. For groups of three (3) to five (5), a charge of $1,000 per person applies for each additional guest occupying the same room, with a maximum of five (5) occupants within the same room. Excludes applicable taxes and fees.
Offer is limited and restrictions apply. May not be combined with other offers, packages or discounts. No items in this package may be redeemed for cash, and all items (and portions thereof) are non-refundable and non-transferable. No credit or compensation will be given for unused portions of this package and such unused elements will be forfeited if not used in conjunction with the Candlelight Experience. No substitutions, refunds or credit for any package element that is canceled for any reason including, but not limited to, inclement weather. Please do not bring any items to be signed by the guest speakers. Walt Disney Travel Company CST: 1022229-50.
All elements of the event and the package are subject to change and cancellation without notice.
Over-the-Top, Dream-Come-True Holiday Experience at the Disneyland Resort by Erin Glover: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
- Disneyland Resort Lighting Ceremony (video) (jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com)
- Fun Facts for a Merry Disneyland Holiday Celebration (chipandco.com)
There’s no place like Walt Disney World Resort for sugar fans during the winter holidays, with six spots for ogling amazing gingerbread creations: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Resort and the Liberty Inn at American Adventure at Epcot.
Joining this year’s line-up is a fantabulous new creation in the lobby of Disney’s BoardWalk Resort. The gingerbread and chocolate gazebo is back but now you can also see Stitch’s Bakery Store Front, a miniature replica of the BoardWalk Bakery that Stitch has taken over (Lilo’s there too) – 14 feet tall and 10 feet wide. Disney cast members will be inside the creation decorating gingerbread houses.
To satisfy your sweet tooth, you can purchase mini gingerbread houses, stolen bread and gingerbread “shingles” (cookies).
What’s your favorite gingerbread creation?
Source Disney Parks Blog
- Coming to Disney Spring 2012 (chipandco.com)
- Disney Youth Programs Hosts Press Event for Student Journalists at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
You’ve already seen the great themes coming to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort when it opens throughout 2012. But check out what we have today – a first look at some of our Disney Story Room family suites.